Clinton Travels To Beaver Country

92Dragon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should take a stab at where Bishop is in the TSSAA record chase.

• Currently 12th in career rushing yards (6321). #11-6 are all within reach, but he'd have to eclipse 7000 to get to #5.
  • Currently 4th in career rushing attempts (927). Doubtful he gets any higher, as #3 has almost 1100.
  • Currently 13th in career rushing TDs (75). #12-8 are all within reach.
  • This has historically been poorly tracked, but according to the TSSAA record book, he is currently #3 in career all-purpose yards. 

His 2021 numbers still need to be submitted to the TSSAA record book.

• Tied for 1st - rushing attempts in a single season (441)
  • 2nd (behind Jalen Hurd) - rushing yards in a single season (3179)
  • 3rd (behind Jalen Hurd and Gary Meadows) - all-purpose yards in a single season (3427)

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Smokin trucks invade Beaver Valley, Can BIshop run past the Dragon D while the Dragon offense piles up yards against the Karns defense.  Nothing to lose for the Dragons, but Karns may be playing for a better playoff spot. 

Clinton is out of the playoffs.  This could be Bishop's last home game as a Beaver.  I think some of the Clinton boys have packed it in.  I'm hearing morale is pretty low over there with them being out of the playoffs so early in the season.  I think Bishop goes off on Friday night and runs wild.  Side note: this game could get chippy with Clinton's penalty history this year, combined with the fact that they have long been out of the playoff picture.  Refs better keep control of this one.  

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Clinton is out of the playoffs.  This could be Bishop's last home game as a Beaver.  I think some of the Clinton boys have packed it in.  I'm hearing morale is pretty low over there with them being out of the playoffs so early in the season.  I think Bishop goes off on Friday night and runs wild.  Side note: this game could get chippy with Clinton's penalty history this year, combined with the fact that they have long been out of the playoff picture.  Refs better keep control of this one.  

Win or lose Karns is in the playoffs, why would this be Bishops last game, unless you mean regular season, I think you are right about chippy. Probably a lot of genealogy and heridity talk on the field. Yes Clinton went out of the playoffs with the Lenoir City loss I believe. 

1 minute ago, Cactus Jack said:

Win or lose Karns is in the playoffs, why would this be Bishops last game, unless you mean regular season, I think you are right about chippy. Probably a lot of genealogy and heridity talk on the field. Yes Clinton went out of the playoffs with the Lenoir City loss I believe. 

He means that if Karns loses that they lose the chance to host a playoff game which would make that his last HOME game 

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I meant to say likely to be his last home game as a Beaver

28 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

Any chance Karns will limit the amount of touches Bishop has tonight in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs starting next week? 

I don't see it, although he hasn't seen nearly as many touches this season compared to 2021. I think they'll continue to do what they've done this entire year with him, unless he's nursing an injury.