West at Central

Whs1984

From my perch at West High,

I’ve been staying off the boards because I didn’t want to seem like I was gloating and I didn’t want to jinx anything. I’ve felt a swell of pride ever since the Alcoa win. Central has a good running back but we just need to take care of business tonight and keep everyone healthy. Regardless of who we all support I think we can all agree that West going 10-0 for the first time ever with Maryville and Alcoa on the schedule will be a huge achievement for the school and for the school system. The only regret I have is I won’t be there to see it. My hip has been bothering me again. They’ve got to make it to Chattanooga so I can see them go the full distance. 

2 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West High,

I’ve been staying off the boards because I didn’t want to seem like I was gloating and I didn’t want to jinx anything. I’ve felt a swell of pride ever since the Alcoa win. Central has a good running back but we just need to take care of business tonight and keep everyone healthy. Regardless of who we all support I think we can all agree that West going 10-0 for the first time ever with Maryville and Alcoa on the schedule will be a huge achievement for the school and for the school system. The only regret I have is I won’t be there to see it. My hip has been bothering me again. They’ve got to make it to Chattanooga so I can see them go the full distance. 

Yessir.  Hopefully you will be healed up in time for the trip to Chatt.  I don't believe in jinxes,  I think West will be there on Dec. 3rd.  Go Rebs.

38 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Congrats to West on a great regular season...undefeated regular season for the first time in school history.

Props to West for not allowing a TD against any of their region opponents.

Looking forward to round 1.

Central should hold their own for the first round.  Their back will get his yards and they could make it back for a rematch in a few weeks if they catch some breaks.  Time will tell, but West will need to win as well.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.  No room for a bad game now.  

Congrats to the Rebels.  Team looked solid on both sides of the ball and truly shut Central down after that first drive.  Offense looked good throwing and running tonight.  Let’s keep the momentum.  

• Like 1