Fayetteville travels to eagleville

City223

10 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Fayetteville Tigers in a close one 33-30

They are moving to 2A next year which is a big step up

City has done a good job over the years of filling the non region schedule with teams in higher classes. I don’t expect much of a change. They will hang out in the upper echelon (Top 10) most years .

as for eagleville, this could be a trap game for the tigers. Thursday, short week, region secured, undefeated season on the line before a playoff run. I see this one being close early and city pulling away as the game goes on. Too much depth. 35-12 tigers. And complete the 2nd undefeated regular season in program history(IYKYK) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

as for eagleville, this could be a trap game for the tigers. Thursday, short week, region secured, undefeated season on the line before a playoff run. I see this one being close early and city pulling away as the game goes on. Too much depth. 35-12 tigers. And complete the 2nd undefeated regular season in program history(IYKYK) 

Actually Fayetteville needs to win this game or have Moore County defeat Huntland to secure the region.  Smart money is on Fayetteville though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HasbeenOrNeverwas said:

City has done a good job over the years of filling the non region schedule with teams in higher classes. I don’t expect much of a change. They will hang out in the upper echelon (Top 10) most years .

Southtowner is correct. IF and I mean a BIG IF.....IF Eagleville wins over Fayetteville and IF Huntland beat Moore Co, the region would be won by Eagleville. 

Won't happen though! Fayetteville and MC will both win big! 

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Actually Fayetteville needs to win this game or have Moore County defeat Huntland to secure the region.  Smart money is on Fayetteville though.

Good Point. . South Town. You definitely keep the rest of us up to speed on the playoffs/region standings. Am i wrong to believe that FC should be at least a 4 TD favorite?

15 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Good Point. . South Town. You definitely keep the rest of us up to speed on the playoffs/region standings. Am i wrong to believe that FC should be at least a 4 TD favorite?

No way City loses unless our team doesn’t physically go to the game. I’m not so sure City and MC won’t play again. I think the upset in the playoffs will be MC over McKenzie. Before the people come out with torches, McKenzie needed a 95 yard TD negated and a bad PI on 4th and long to pull off a win on the hill last year against a 1 dimensional offense with our 2 best players minus 9 being injured, 59 messed up his ankle a few plays into the game and nobody is blocking that kid I don’t care who were playing. MC in 2022 might have beat 21’ City. I don’t think McKenzie has improved at all from last year but they are consistent and their signature win is over a 2a team. We lost to 2 teams in 21’ one beat us by 4 touchdowns last year and we mercy ruled them a few weeks ago. I’ve watched some McKenzie games and they don’t look 4 touchdowns better than last year. We’re talking Quarterfinal/Semi 4a teams not 4-5 last in the region 4a teams. It should be interesting to see how things play out, obviously if guys are able to stay healthy becomes a factor later in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, Tigers713 said:

No way City loses unless our team doesn’t physically go to the game. I’m not so sure City and MC won’t play again. I think the upset in the playoffs will be MC over McKenzie. Before the people come out with torches, McKenzie needed a 95 yard TD negated and a bad PI on 4th and long to pull off a win on the hill last year against a 1 dimensional offense with our 2 best players minus 9 being injured, 59 messed up his ankle a few plays into the game and nobody is blocking that kid I don’t care who were playing. MC in 2022 might have beat 21’ City. I don’t think McKenzie has improved at all from last year but they are consistent and their signature win is over a 2a team. We lost to 2 teams in 21’ one beat us by 4 touchdowns last year and we mercy ruled them a few weeks ago. I’ve watched some McKenzie games and they don’t look 4 touchdowns better than last year. We’re talking Quarterfinal/Semi 4a teams not 4-5 last in the region 4a teams. It should be interesting to see how things play out, obviously if guys are able to stay healthy becomes a factor later in the playoffs. 

To add onto that, #10 went out, #1 (starting rb messed his ankle up too during the first quarter and that forced kj to take over the rb1 spot coming fresh of an injury

16 minutes ago, Tigers713 said:

1A had several really good teams last year. There were close games on both sides of the bracket.  

This year won't be any different except maybe the championship game.  West team will be a big favorite. 

6 minutes ago, City223 said:

To add onto that, #10 went out, #1 (starting rb messed his ankle up too during the first quarter and that forced kj to take over the rb1 spot coming fresh of an injury

I counted KJ as one of the best guys out. We was maybe 60% in that game playing while recovering from high ankle sprain. At 100% committed/healthy he’s every bit as good as 7 at McKenzie. 1 is looking good this year. He’s definitely improved, you can tell he’s working hard. It’s paying off, hope some college gives him a chance. He seems like a good kid. Humble and runs hard!