Betsy vs Devils

Morice49

There is some reasonable discussion here so I'll chime in. Be aware that the OP is a troll account though. 

Barring a key injury, I think AC can get by Betsy again.  AC thought they had that game won and Betsy punched em in the mouth.  Until that point in the season,  Betsy looked pretty bad. The AC game was the coming out party. If, if AC plays to what they are capable of,  I think they get Betsy but it should be a good game none the less. It's not as if they haven't beaten them in the playoffs before.  

I do not believe AC gets by GV though.  Unless GV plays uncharacteristically bad or gets a case of the fumblesthey should win.  GV is pretty consistent and well coached so I wouldn't count on that.

Reasons I think GV wins.  Depth on the lines and a solid defense. GV has played very good on D all year with several shut outs. AC is an absolute threat to win this game but I think GV wins if I'm honest. 

Former Mav gives a good assessment. Better than I have seen so far. The Mavs will need to concentrate on Betsy first. Having to go through Betsy or Betsy through AC to get to Greeneville makes it a rough haul for the two in my opinion. On the other hand this could be a positive for the winner. AC will be at home if they Make it to Greeneville. The Atmosphere will be unbelievable with two undefeated teams. I would have to bet the Mavs pull this one off this year. I actually have never seen this balance on offence and the weapons are all over the field. The Defense has some time to get prepared and with some good tweaks the Mavs could pull the upset. The Mavs had a shot when Martin was there. They have a better shot now however the defense needs to prepare, diligently. 

Not even close MIF, that AC team with Stanton Martin, the older Noe, the older Moog, Colorusso, Marquis, the older Murphy.... was incredible.  That team would put a running clock on this AC team.  It just happened in a year that GV had one of, if not the best, teams in their history too. I still think if Stanton doesn't blow his acl in the first series, AC wins that game.  He played the rest of the game with one leg.  

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Former Mav gives a good assessment. Better than I have seen so far. The Mavs will need to concentrate on Betsy first. Having to go through Betsy or Betsy through AC to get to Greeneville makes it a rough haul for the two in my opinion. On the other hand this could be a positive for the winner. AC will be at home if they Make it to Greeneville. The Atmosphere will be unbelievable with two undefeated teams. I would have to bet the Mavs pull this one off this year. I actually have never seen this balance on offence and the weapons are all over the field. The Defense has some time to get prepared and with some good tweaks the Mavs could pull the upset. The Mavs had a shot when Martin was there. They have a better shot now however the defense needs to prepare, diligently. 

Here is my take. GV defense is full of rotation along the dl, everyone within that rotation will come at you every play. Also, GV offense has many weapons that forces teams to match up with every Skill position we have. By saying that we have and OC that takes what u give and will continously make adjustments.  So the predictability is out the window.  Whether it's Ac again I think Gv will play speed ball to ensure subs are limited and if there are lineman they will need every ounce of energy they have. If it's Besty I think it will be fast and our ol/dl will have to stay nimble.  When it's all said and done I hope all mentioned teams stay health and hungry. Wish all good luck and let the playoffs being.

7 hours ago, FormerMav said:

Not even close MIF, that AC team with Stanton Martin, the older Noe, the older Moog, Colorusso, Marquis, the older Murphy.... was incredible.  That team would put a running clock on this AC team.  It just happened in a year that GV had one of, if not the best, teams in their history too. I still think if Stanton doesn't blow his acl in the first series, AC wins that game.  He played the rest of the game with one leg.  

I would not put it that lol, You could be right in many areas. But  Mavs regular season were cupcake like teams. And the Mavs main offense was Moog and Martin. The mobility of Martin keep the Mavs in every game. So if you say it like that yeah they were a better team and yes you are absolutely right had Stanton no got hurt it's pretty easy to say Mavs would have a state championship. But now IMO with the option of a 1, 2 Punch in the backfield and the crop of options for receivers and the schedule we endured. I am like Davey said there is no reason the Mavs should make it to Chattanooga. When I hear my nephew say that it means he pretty confident. But a lot of variables can change even the best. Just with Powell alone last year and years before we ran out of plays due to the long games and defense. This year we managed only 50% of our normal play calling not that will make a difference but it sure gives me confidence. And I hope and pray the Defense steps up and I have every reason to believe they will. So I respect your opinion but I have hope too.

Mif,

For the kids sake I hope they win.  I know several of the kids on this team,  I've had them over at my house.   

For the most part,  I'm ambivalent on the coaches.

I hate to think how bad the admin will be towards other sports,  especially the girls sports,  if they win it all. 

And,  the cover up and acceptance for what happened in the 7v7 has left me and MANY other parents very bitter towards the program. An assistant principal told kids if they got caught with videos or pictures of it they would be expelled. Not other players,  just regular students.  Expelled. 

Re the earlier team. They had Marquis and Moog in the backfield.  Stantin was a very mobile qb and athlete. I think he had rushed for 6 or 7 hundred yards that year and was in the hunt for most passing yards.  There was no lack of offense prior to him getting hurt.  But that was a huge factor,  having his mobility limited.  Defense could tee off cause he's no threat to run.  I'm sure trying to drop back and get set with a torn ACL affected his pass game too. He had 4tds that game but also had 4 interceptions. GV had something to do with those but if he's 100% he doesn't throw those picks. For a while I held a grudge against a lot of the GV fans because more than a few cheered when he got hurt and rubbed it in people's faces. But it's not all of them and AC certainly has their share of trolls too. 

My opinion. You know I don't sugar coat anything.  

Edited by FormerMav

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I would not put it that lol, You could be right in many areas. But  Mavs regular season were cupcake like teams. And the Mavs main offense was Moog and Martin. The mobility of Martin keep the Mavs in every game. So if you say it like that yeah they were a better team and yes you are absolutely right had Stanton no got hurt it's pretty easy to say Mavs would have a state championship. But now IMO with the option of a 1, 2 Punch in the backfield and the crop of options for receivers and the schedule we endured. I am like Davey said there is no reason the Mavs should make it to Chattanooga. When I hear my nephew say that it means he pretty confident. But a lot of variables can change even the best. Just with Powell alone last year and years before we ran out of plays due to the long games and defense. This year we managed only 50% of our normal play calling not that will make a difference but it sure gives me confidence. And I hope and pray the Defense steps up and I have every reason to believe they will. So I respect your opinion but I have hope too.

Not shade throwing but when you all played Powell.  Was it confirmed truth that Powell was down multiple starters at the time to include their QB, RB, etc?  I know you could say that a few of AC starters was out also but, I'm a realist when it comes to football and Bball.  The only reason I bring that up is if AC played Powell now with a straight face could you say the outcome would have been the same?

43 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Mif,

For the kids sake I hope they win.  I know several of the kids on this team,  I've had them over at my house.   

I hate to think how bad the admin will be towards other sports,  especially the girls sports,  if they win it all. 

And,  the cover up and acceptance for what happened in the 7v7 has left me and MANY other parents very bitter towards the program. An assistant principal told kids if they got caught with videos or pictures of it they would be expelled. Not other players,  just regular students.  Expelled. 

Re the earlier team. They had Marquis and Moog in the backfield.  Stantin was a very mobile qb and athlete. I think he had rushed for 6 or 7 hundred yards that year and was in the hunt for most passing yards.  There was no lack of offense prior to him getting hurt.  But that was a huge factor,  having his mobility limited.  Defense could tee off cause he's no threat to run.  I'm sure trying to drop back and get set with a torn ACL affected his pass game too. He had 4tds that game but also had 4 interceptions. GV had something to do with those but if he's 100% he doesn't throw those picks. For a while I held a grudge against a lot of the GV fans because more than a few cheered when he got hurt and rubbed it in people's faces. But it's not all of them and AC certainly has their share of trolls too. 

I completely unequivocally understand. I am assuming they learned a lesson and will not repeat. There is a time to forgive if that's possible and try and move on. But that is much easy to say and very hard to do. But I understand. When working with so many kids it's hard to get everything right and programs everywhere have to try and make the right decisions for all involved. Hopefully they understand short comings and make corrections in future. But this is about all the other players that give 100% and want this championship more than any of us do, besides me, lol no its about them like you said.

45 minutes ago, Morice49 said:

Not shade throwing but when you all played Powell.  Was it confirmed truth that Powell was down multiple starters at the time to include their QB, RB, etc?  I know you could say that a few of AC starters was out also but, I'm a realist when it comes to football and Bball.  The only reason I bring that up is if AC played Powell now with a straight face could you say the outcome would have been the same?

Well this is possible true in many games every Friday night. So even had they played we still have many things that effect a win on any Friday night. But this year the Mavs won that Friday night and still have proven they can play with any team. Too many people want be critical of Mavs. When they were in Chattanooga League all I heard was cupcakes etc. Then they move to I think the 2nd hardest schedule in the state (Coacht) stat. And people OR Maryville Powell. I think enough is enough. And it's time to say they are and will always be a factor.

1 hour ago, FormerMav said:

Mif,

Was all of the 4 INTS after Martin was injured or was it just 2?  He was great a QB.

How many INTS did Ballard have in that game?  He was great a QB as well.

Edited by Romansfive8

Mif, no doubt the schedule is tougher this year.  They've done a great job against it. No question there.  It's just my opinion.  

Roman, I'm pretty sure it was the first series he got hurt on.  I'd  argue that game decided the championship. Ballard was a great qb. As good as Martin was,  Ballard was just bit better though.  No other 4a team in the state could have beat those 2 teams. It was Greenvilles year,  they were amazing and loaded with talent that year.  

Edited by FormerMav

21 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

Mif, no doubt the schedule is tougher this year.  They've done a great job against it. No question there.  It's just my opinion.  

Roman, I'm pretty sure it was the first series he got hurt on.  I'd  argue that game decided the championship. Ballard was a great qb. As good as Martin was,  Ballard was just bit better though.  No other 4a team in the state could have beat those 2 teams. It was Greenvilles year,  they were amazing and loaded with talent that year.  

I'll even add that no other 4a team would have beat either the next year either in 18.  I went to both games and AC jumped on Greeneville early in 17  ( caused a fumble and Blocked a punt for a TD and had the devil's on their heels for the first time all year in the 1st quarter and lead 21-0).  Martin didn't get hurt looking at some film until the 2nd or third series I believe (A warrior in my opinion and respect the heck out of Martin for what he did in that game).   The following year in 18 it wasn't really a game at AC putting a running clock on the Mavs by half with Greeneville returning most of their starters from that 17 team and pissed off about the performance they put on the field in 17.  They left no doubt in that game (I'm sure the  Daddy Ball sign the Mavs had up at the stadium put a little more gasoline on the fire)