Playoffs AAA

O3t

Just now, theawesomebro said:

wow.  the end of the BA/baylor game was insane.  it looked like BA scored to take the lead as time expired but they called him down at the 1.  the ref was right there but boy it looked like he hit the pylon with the ball...

Agreed.  I paused it just before the ball hit the pylon and the runner's right foot is very close to sideline so perhaps that is what the ref saw??  No way to tell from the angle.  The ref was not very decisive with the call.

Two tremendous games tonight.

FINAL: MBA 28, McCallie 27

McCallie's rally from down 14 falls short on a failed two-point conversion. That last McCallie TD happened on 4th and goal from the 13. The Blue Tornado showed great heart, but their streak of state title wins ends at three. Unbeaten MBA is heading to Chattanooga.

FINAL: Baylor 44, BA 39

BA player ruled down short of the goal line to end the game. That was one of the wildest high school playoff games I've seen in a long time, worth your time to watch the last few minutes of it.

20221118-Baylor-at-BA-final-play-playoffs.jpg

They're going to be debating this one for years in Brentwood, but Baylor gets the win in a thriller.

UPDATE: Another view, albeit also inconclusive. But look at that spot, just shy of the goal line.

20221118-Baylor-at-BA-spot.jpg

Baylor was down 9 at one point in the second half. Multiple late lead changes.

MBA vs. Baylor in Chattanooga should be a great championship game.

Edited by LouPickney

Just now, JRB said:

Agreed.  I paused it just before the ball hit the pylon and the runner's right foot is very close to sideline so perhaps that is what the ref saw??  No way to tell from the angle.  The ref was not very decisive with the call.

yeah, got to trust the ref on that one I guess.  props to that BA player (#56) for holding that adult back and just hugging him.  

• Upvote 1