Franklin County Rebels @ White county Rd 1!

lcl4life

7 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I think Rebels win just based on the fact white county relies mostly on one player. Shut him down, then your likely to win. But shutting him down is that hard part. I still think Franklin County ends up going to the second round beating  Sparta 35-21

Its a good plan but no one has done it yet.  You wont stop him, you'll have to outscore him.  He has 2600 yards and 35 TD and missed basically the second half of the green hill game and the entire Wilson central game.  

1 hour ago, REBELFAN70 said:

Rebels bring a handful of playmakers with a young accurate qb, playmakers will be the Holman twins #1 and #4 running back #7 Jones and #11 Scott , good offensive line, we just had the luxury of being in the same district as Nolensville and Page which were 2 of our losses, hopefully getting some key defensive players back this week that have been out for several weeks!

That is a tough region this year it seems.  Dowell is the playmaker but Tripp pinion the QB has over 1000 yards rushing as well. If you key on Dowell too much Pinion will gash you.  Our defense and kicking game is where we struggle, we have a really good pass rush, Bray Fraiser leads the state in sacks with 13 but we give up some big plays.

19 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

That is a tough region this year it seems.  Dowell is the playmaker but Tripp pinion the QB has over 1000 yards rushing as well. If you key on Dowell too much Pinion will gash you.  Our defense and kicking game is where we struggle, we have a really good pass rush, Bray Fraiser leads the state in sacks with 13 but we give up some big plays.

You do realize many teams don’t report their team stats to m@/preps

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Warrior0318 said:

I know nothing about Franklin County but I do know if Sparta wants to win they have to play better on defense then they have the second part of the year.  Can anyone give some insight in Franklin Co team, key players, type of offense and defenses they run?  I do not believe we have any common opponents with them to compare to. 

Fc has about 6-7 pretty serious athletes at the skill spots on offense.  Passing QB (not dual threat) - FC can run it or throw it.  4-3 defense with good size in the DL, good LB group, really good athletes at DB.  OL is fairly experienced, good size at most spots, one smaller guard.

Offense can be fairly balanced, mostly one back/shotgun.  Occasionally will use a FB or H, but don't have a traditional TE this year for the most part.  Explosive plays are offense's nature - a shootout would favor them, imo.  FC is most hurt by a team with similar quality/number of athletes with a power running attack and good run defense/good man coverage secondary.

Team can hurt itself at times with unforced penalties. 

The single common opponent is Warren Co.  Was a win for both, White Co won 22-21: FC won 41-21.

These two groups battled for the middle school championship four years ago when these seniors were all 8th grade.  FC (South Middle School) won, was a good game.  There are several good FC from the other FC middle school, though, in fairness to them.  Doesn't really have a lot to do with this game, but interesting trivia.

Edited by PullinGuard

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I think Rebels win just based on the fact white county relies mostly on one player. Shut him down, then your likely to win. But shutting him down is that hard part. I still think Franklin County ends up going to the second round beating  Sparta 35-21

Problem is no one has shut him down or slowed him down. You just have to outscore us. 

One of the things that I love about this game between my alma mater and the school where I help the staff and coach at the middle school is that there are coaches on both sides that have been with the Seniors since they were little guys playing youth league. There will be a lot of emotion in the game and extra emotion on the losing side line. Either way I am proud of the impact these coaches have made on these young men for over a decade.

Edited by Preachervol71
  • Like 1

If White county struggles in the secondary then  FC will win just off of sure talent. FC has multiple targets for the pass game and a solid run game with #11 and #7. One has a strong burst and can run through defenders the other has break away speed. #4,#1,#5 and #8 can flat out make plays in the receiving core. FC O line hasn't allowed many sacks this season and are solid in run blocking schemes. D line has been solid in run game for the most part they have give up some big plays starting in the latter part of the 3rd Quarter and also in the fourth. Pass D is second to none in the state in my opinion. should be a good game. I am impressed with White County they have came a long way and look like a solid team. Definitely shouldn't be over looked by any team.

Edited by Twistedwedge

19 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Fc has about 6-7 pretty serious athletes at the skill spots on offense.  Passing QB (not dual threat) - FC can run it or throw it.  4-3 defense with good size in the DL, good LB group, really good athletes at DB.  OL is fairly experienced, good size at most spots, one smaller guard.

Offense can be fairly balanced, mostly one back/shotgun.  Occasionally will use a FB or H, but don't have a traditional TE this year for the most part.  Explosive plays are offense's nature - a shootout would favor them, imo.  FC is most hurt by a team with similar quality/number of athletes with a power running attack and good run defense/good man coverage secondary.

Team can hurt itself at times with unforced penalties. 

The single common opponent is Warren Co.  Was a win for both, White Co won 22-21: FC won 41-21.

These two groups battled for the middle school championship four years ago when these seniors were all 8th grade.  FC (South Middle School) won, was a good game.  There are several good FC from the other FC middle school, though, in fairness to them.  Doesn't really have a lot to do with this game, but interesting trivia.

Don't be too put off by that warren county game score, that is a rivalry for us and we played down to them.  If we played them 10 times we would win by 2-3 td 9 out of 10 times.

58 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

Don't be too put off by that warren county game score, that is a rivalry for us and we played down to them.  If we played them 10 times we would win by 2-3 td 9 out of 10 times.

Then what’s to make of the Wilson Central score or the Cookeville points allowed? I’m pretty sure Franklin Co. are better than MJ, which was the best team you played in the regular season. That being said I don’t think our region stands much of a chance this Friday night other than MJ beating lowly Lincoln Co. 

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Then what’s to make of the Wilson Central score or the Cookeville points allowed? I’m pretty sure Franklin Co. are better than MJ, which was the best team you played in the regular season. That being said I don’t think our region stands much of a chance this Friday night other than MJ beating lowly Lincoln Co. 

Well cookeville is our blood rival, much like greenhill is to you.  Wilson Central was a fluke, Dowell did not play that game and we still should have won.  I mean we gonna give up some points, i don't deny that, but we gonna score a lot too.  We beat Green Hill and Dowell was out pretty much the whole second half.  Im not saying we win but it will be a fight.

Edited by Warrior0318