Round 1 Powell (8-2) vs Ooltewah (1-9)

Knoxvegas865

14 hours ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

Im with you on that prediction. A lot of more deserving 5a teams than Ooltewah but that’s how it goes. 

As a Powell fan I don’t hope to see a West rematch in semi-finals but rebels look unstoppable at this point.  

I think its inevitable we meet the day after Thanksgiving on Emory Road, but as we know stranger things have happened. You all are champs until someone says otherwise.

I will say there is something wrong with a 2 and 8 team making the playoffs, but im from the old school where you had 7 teams in a district and you needed to win 4 just to be considered.

Too many times we were 3 and 4 in conference and around 5-5 or 6-4 and would be on the outside looking in, but today you have 5 region teams and one region win is good enough go figure.

By the way does anyone know what ever happened to superfan PassiveAgressive from Ooletewah? You remember him "mr pop pop pop," "knoxville teams are weak" etc.

Well hes been missing since 2014 after Rhea County boatraced them and I was wondering what his thoughts are on this Powell team and the one from last season.

Pop pop pop pop.

No problem for Pal, Ooltewah used to be pretty good several years ago, but from what I understand they don't want to put too much into the program anymore. They have had a couple of good coaches in Ted Gatewood and Benny Monroe and were very good under these guys. This is one of those deals that you hate to see those kids from Ooltewah ride 100 plus miles on the bus to get blown out with a running clock the second half.