Bradley Central at Science Hill round 1

BarneySox2007

On 11/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, blazer1set said:

Science Hill is the 5th largest HS in the state but their fan support is pathetic.    Every time I have been there to watch a game the visitor side has always had more fans.      Not sure what the problem is but for the size of the school those players deserve better than what they get.

1. They don't have DB's band. 2. it's a bit of a blue/LGBQT/woke/etc city 3. there's better things to do for adults than watch high school football on most Fridays. 4. we seem to be in a cultural shift. football is not as popular to kids anymore. basketball seems to be taking over most places. hockey in some others. even combat sports in places. 

4 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

surprised more people arent talking about this one. SH won

I think there's only one SH fan that post on CoachT. Their fan base pretty much consists of students and parents of current players. Football is just not the thing in Johnson City as far as activities go. That would probably change if they had the right leadership at the top. But they're a lot like Kingsport in the leadership department. Ain't never gonna' happen. 

6 hours ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

1. They don't have DB's band. 2. it's a bit of a blue/LGBQT/woke/etc city 3. there's better things to do for adults than watch high school football on most Fridays. 4. we seem to be in a cultural shift. football is not as popular to kids anymore. basketball seems to be taking over most places. hockey in some others. even combat sports in places. 

1: They don't have D-B's band.  - No, but no one else I've seen does either. Sebastian River comes close, and they have nice crowds until the halftime show is over. Then it looks like a bomb threat was called in. 

2: It's a bit of a blue/LGBTQ/woke/etc city. - Has nothing to do with it. My wife and I are "Libs". We've been to 17 games so far this year and lost two others we were going to because of thunderstorms. We'll finish the season with probably 21-22 games, which is about average for us. 

3: There's better things to do for adults than watching high school football on Friday nights. - Absolutely. Unless you have a kid who is playing or in the band, thigh school football is strictly just another entertainment option. My wife and I are from small towns where football was a big thing, and we've always enjoyed going no matter who was playing. Very few people out there now who are like that now. Our biggest local school here is Treasure Coast with 3,068 students. They have a good football program that made the state semis in Class 8A last year. Unless they're playing crosstown rival Centennial, there's probably 500-700 people at their home games. There are just way too many other entertainment options for people these days. 

4: Culture shift -   I don't know about culture shift, but there are more options for kids and a lot of kids/parents are choosing to focus on one sport. It's uncommon to see any 2/3 sport athletes anymore unless it's a major sport combined with something like track.