Sevier County at Morristown West

BarneySox2007

I'll be totally honest with everyone from Sevier County.  I watched the Heritage game and no way in the world should they have lost that game  Even though Heritage won that game I could see signs they were starting to fold like a tent. Stupid penalties wiped Sevier County out that evening for the most part. I could tell Sevier had the better players by a long shot. Might be why that crazy daddy couldn't take it anymore and went banana's last week against Cocke County. Before the Bears go and hibernate for the winter and think the problem will go away by sleeping it off they better get their act together. The head coach has been around a while and needs to make critical changes. You running the biggest program in the county and need to act like it or the next thing you know Pigeon Forge will be spanking that ole butt.

The last month of Smoky Bears football has been rough to watch as a former Smoky Bear, as I've always stated I want to see all the county teams have success but some things are needing changed and fixed before 23 gets to kickoff. The lack of a good QB was the major blow to this team, they brought on the transfer and thought he would be the be all, end all due to his physicals but he just has not panned out. Ellis did a tremendous job as a wildcat type qb but that won't have success for an entire year. I really hope they get things figured out and heading in the right direction tho...

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'll be totally honest with everyone from Sevier County.  I watched the Heritage game and no way in the world should they have lost that game  Even though Heritage won that game I could see signs they were starting to fold like a tent. Stupid penalties wiped Sevier County out that evening for the most part. I could tell Sevier had the better players by a long shot. Might be why that crazy daddy couldn't take it anymore and went banana's last week against Cocke County. Before the Bears go and hibernate for the winter and think the problem will go away by sleeping it off they better get their act together. The head coach has been around a while and needs to make critical changes. You running the biggest program in the county and need to act like it or the next thing you know Pigeon Forge will be spanking that ole butt.

The parents have told us they don’t expect miracles. They understand that knox west is loaded with talent and losing to more talented teams is understandable. But losing to bottom feeders is unacceptable. Let’s just hope the former rocket doesn’t lose his dream job being loyal to an insurance agent. 

44 minutes ago, ThinkFastRunFast said:

The last month of Smoky Bears football has been rough to watch as a former Smoky Bear, as I've always stated I want to see all the county teams have success but some things are needing changed and fixed before 23 gets to kickoff. The lack of a good QB was the major blow to this team, they brought on the transfer and thought he would be the be all, end all due to his physicals but he just has not panned out. Ellis did a tremendous job as a wildcat type qb but that won't have success for an entire year. I really hope they get things figured out and heading in the right direction tho...

6’4 and rocket arm should always pan out. Maybe someone should have whispered how  to set his feet and use his hips when he throws. Maybe then no bounce passes on a screen. We can see the lack of development all the way from cedar street and are not happy with the results. The wildcat QB is a very good player. We are proud of his effort and several other players efforts. But we need to see more in player development and scheme. 

38 minutes ago, ThinkFastRunFast said:

Your problem seems like Maryville's in a way. We had only 2 QB's then get a transfer from another local school and handed him the keys to the palace and the kid that should of got the job quit. That left us with a kid trying to learn how to drive a car with a stick shift that stripped the gears out of it in two or three games which has been many of the issues we have in common also. Great athlete but it's been a slow learning curve which I blame on his past coach where he came from. Also a few other issues have compounded that problem also but I think he is feeling better now from what I can see. Not having the foresight to realize you only have two options for a position you should have at least 6 or more is what we have in common this year and explains the 3 losses on our record. 

I would just about bet anything if ole Mike from American Pickers were to visit the old football field and see the old scoreboard behind the new one he would be all over you all like a dog in heat to buy that thing especially with the minute hands still attached. I can hear him now saying I got a buddy that would pay me $10,000 for that what would you take.