D2-AA playoffs

theawesomebro

31 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Wonder what Tiilman could have done with the same resources LA has now. No way to know for sure, but the results probably would have been at least a little better. LA decided to go in another direction and change philosophy which is fine. Obviously the results show. LA is arguably the best team in TN. Sure all involved are happy as they should be. Time will tell if it was all worth it. 

interesting thought.  I know dilfer wont stay for ever and teams success is up and down but what would it look like to be not worth it?  i'm truly curious.  we have to get all our dilfer/lipscomb tattoo's removed????  : )

5 hours ago, TTate said:

agree....we're all striving to post 7000 times as an anonymous poster on a high school message board.....that's what real success looks like.

TTate just saying.

7000? I got a lot to say but 7 times what I have so far? 

Sorry, it is getting crowded in your head and your brain needs some room to work. I will leave the same way I came in.

Tillman replaced a legend. He was not one.

40 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Off topic but does anyone know what brought Dilfer to LA? Just curious 

yes, lots of stories but the short answer is 2 fold. 

1. his daughter was being recruited to play volleyball at lipscomb university.  she has since transferred to louisville. 

2. a friend asked him to look at the job knowing he wasn't really fulfilled in what he was doing.  they had lost a son years ago and he felt he could honor his son's memory by serving and coaching. 

something like that.  

5 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

1. his daughter was being recruited to play volleyball at lipscomb university.  she has since transferred to louisville. 

2. a friend asked him to look at the job knowing he wasn't really fulfilled in what he was doing.  they had lost a son years ago and he felt he could honor his son's memory by serving and coaching. 

something like that.  

Makes sense, thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that he had a daughter playing volleyball at Lipscomb but wasn't sure if that was what brought him or not. 

As far as the football aspect of it, I'm sure he could be coaching college ball somewhere if he desired to do so but it sounds like at least for the time being he's happy where he is. 

27 minutes ago, volwalker23 said:

Makes sense, thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that he had a daughter playing volleyball at Lipscomb but wasn't sure if that was what brought him or not. 

As far as the football aspect of it, I'm sure he could be coaching college ball somewhere if he desired to do so but it sounds like at least for the time being he's happy where he is. 

for sure.  there is a great article in the tennessean today about a the a lipscomb family and it touches on some of it.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

interesting thought.  I know dilfer wont stay for ever and teams success is up and down but what would it look like to be not worth it?  i'm truly curious.  we have to get all our dilfer/lipscomb tattoo's removed????  : )

Well I'll start by stating I'm pretty sure the good book says not to get a tattoo in the first place. What would it look like to not be worth it.....I guess you would need to ask those in charge. Dilfer has turned the program around no doubt. Has the will to win come at a cost other than financially? Not my place to answer as I'm not connected. 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Well I'll start by stating I'm pretty sure the good book says not to get a tattoo in the first place. What would it look like to not be worth it.....I guess you would need to ask those in charge. Dilfer has turned the program around no doubt. Has the will to win come at a cost other than financially? Not my place to answer as I'm not connected. 

too late!!

https://www.facebook.com/Buccaholics/videos/sick-tattoo-of-trentdilfer-by-the-buccaholics-californias-own-daniel-duron-on-ou/1325765487805670/

I guess time will tell.  thanks for the response

9 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

something like that.  

Transferred to liberty…no biggie just thought I’d correct.  Her boyfriend attends there.