Revenge Game Powell vs Walker Valley

keepitmoving

Walk Valley, as well as either team Powell would face next week, are all just good enough to pull off the upset if an undisciplined Powell team shows up.   If Powell plays to their abilities, this game could be running clock by the end of the game. 

However- a blown coverage here, a dumb 15 yard penalty there, costly turnover or two (wet ball could be a factor tonight)....  This game has the potential to get interesting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, footballknox said:

If the flags are flying tonight, hope they fly on both sides.  Penalties have hurt Powell this year, but it is hard to play against another team and the refs at the same time.  Again, I know Powell deserves some of them, but they have had a couple games this year where the flags were definitely one sided.  #PowellvsAllY'all

That hashtag has to help.

Undisciplined gonna undiscipline.

9 minutes ago, footballknox said:

If the flags are flying tonight, hope they fly on both sides.  Penalties have hurt Powell this year, but it is hard to play against another team and the refs at the same time.  Again, I know Powell deserves some of them, but they have had a couple games this year where the flags were definitely one sided.  #PowellvsAllY'all

I don't know anything about em, other than what i've watched, but I've seen all kinds of stuff on social media.  Seems the sort of thing that goes hand and hand with penalties.

1 hour ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Seeing all this revenge talk from Powell coaches is humorous. They alone are the reason for the loss the last time they played. If they run the ball… they win. It’s that simple. But nope, they kept trying to pass the ball, which led to 4 or 5 interceptions. 

This is exactly what happened.  I was thinking the same.  

33 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

This is exactly what happened.  I was thinking the same.  

You need to stop worrying so much about Powell and focus on your own game tonight.  You are over there on another board showing exactly how Powell did against Lenoir City.  How about you post the stats from when Powell dominated Oak Ridge this year??  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Seeing all this revenge talk from Powell coaches is humorous. They alone are the reason for the loss the last time they played. If they run the ball… they win. It’s that simple. But nope, they kept trying to pass the ball, which led to 4 or 5 interceptions. 

Potts was also a sophomore then.  He might throw 4 or 5 tds tonight 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, footballknox said:

You need to stop worrying so much about Powell and focus on your own game tonight.  You are over there on another board showing exactly how Powell did against Lenoir City.  How about you post the stats from when Powell dominated Oak Ridge this year??  

I did say that they didn't dominate LC, but I added that they Did dominate OR at Blankenship.  So I already did that.  Thanks for the advice though on what I'm allowed to post.  lol

And btw,  I ain't "worried" about Plow, but the coaches did blow that game 2 yrs ago.  And good luck after all your recruits have moved on.   

21 minutes ago, footballknox said:

OR         POW

yards    392         419