East Robertson vs Tyner Playoffs Round 3

Warrior11

22 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I don’t want to offend anyone from Tyner but that Dline can be ran of by an aggressive low blocking line like I was taught to have. They stand up. 

You should gain yards when u run a 1940’s offense. Looks like little league plays 

Edited by DaveyBoy
  • Like 1

I went and watched some of Tyners games off the NFHS app and I’ll say this. They are definitely a good football team. And I can see why people have them tabbed as the favorite for 2A, but I’ll also say the TC and H20 teams from 2018 to 2021 look better than this tyner team. Tyner is definitely good though but I feel comfortable seeing that these ER boys have played some teams that in MY OPINION may be better than Tyner. But also hurts to say that those teams murdered ER when they played. Different bunch of ER boys now but that’s what I think off first glance.

3 minutes ago, Vol3450 said:

You say that, but they held y'all to 140 yards of offense until the JV went in before the last score. 

Same DL that held Alcoa with two 4 star tackles to 7 points in a half. 

I think we abandoned the inside run and also didn’t allow #27 enough touches maybe because of his torn acl. However, I feel that’s the soft underbelly of y’all’s defense. Trap worked very well also option 

2 hours ago, DaveyBoy said:

You should gain yards when u run a 1940’s offense. Looks like little league plays 

I will agree with you on this! Our offense in my honest opinion is outdated. I really feel we need to start running a spread type Offense like tyner. It’s hard to cover all those receivers even if they aren’t the greatest athletes like tyner has. It also opens the run up because the defensive coordinator has to add more d backs 

2 hours ago, DaveyBoy said:

You should gain yards when u run a 1940’s offense. Looks like little league 

Not a fan of the wing T.  With the qb Westmoreland had #14, we would have been far more effective in installing a pistol  formation running rpo stuff. With that being said, this is the ER v Tyner thread.  Tyner beat us in dominant fashion in 2nd half.  Should be a great game Friday night. Would someone there please keep us updated? Friday night I won't be able to go to ER.  i have a grand daughter that is Freshman  on Westmoreland girls bb team.  Also my grandson, who played qb #14 for Westmoreland, is leading scorer on our boys hoops team. Last year he averged 15pp game. He is looking to have a big hoops year as well.

2 hours ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

I went and watched some of Tyners games off the NFHS app and I’ll say this. They are definitely a good football team. And I can see why people have them tabbed as the favorite for 2A, but I’ll also say the TC and H20 teams from 2018 to 2021 look better than this tyner team. Tyner is definitely good though but I feel comfortable seeing that these ER boys have played some teams that in MY OPINION may be better than Tyner. But also hurts to say that those teams murdered ER when they played. Different bunch of ER boys now but that’s what I think off first glance.

I think east has a shot! Now my question is which east team shows up? The one against h20 wasn't very good, but the one against westy was.  

3 minutes ago, biggest said:

I think east has a shot! Now my question is which east team shows up? The one against h20 wasn't very good, but the one against westy was.  

The interesting part of the equation will be how the defensive coordinator for ER decided to scheme against tyner. We were willing to give them the deep ball and try to cover the short to mid range routes because we noticed on film the qb was not very accurate throwing the deep ball. It worked the first half very well. Qb over threw a lot and we tackled well on the short passes. The second half he kept over throwing the deep ball but we started missing tackles on the short to mid range passes. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

The interesting part of the equation will be how the defensive coordinator for ER decided to scheme against tyner. We were willing to give them the deep ball and try to cover the short to mid range routes because we noticed on film the qb was not very accurate throwing the deep ball. It worked the first half very well. Qb over threw a lot and we tackled well on the short passes. The second half he kept over throwing the deep ball but we started missing tackles on the short to mid range passes. 

ER has the athletes to cover them. I’m actually more curious to see if ER having athletes changes the way tyner will play offense. Teams haven’t had much success throwing on ER. The teams that have ran it on ER were really only Macon. Polk and Bledsoe had some success running power but none passing.

13 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER 1st team D has allowed 2 passing touchdowns this whole year ER JV and varsity total has allowed 3. None since week 4. This might be a good matchup!

No disrespect but you haven’t seen a passing team Like your fixing to witness Friday. They have 2 gabe borders type athletes at wide reciever maybe 3 

• Like 1