Trenton Peabody @ Mase

WestTnFootball13

4 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Toughest test for MASE all year will find out if playing a weak schedule haunts them in either losing or exposing a weakness moving towards the semis. Their LB and HB are power 5 good from what I have been able to see on tape. Not a big fan of that two QB system I think I seen where the one kid is an 8th grader? imo he's the better one of the two. 

Peabody will be physical and but they need a bruiser to carry the load and get north and south soften things up because they have a mismatch at WR that MASE want have an answer for besides keeping 2 guys on him. This hasn't been the same Peabody of the last several years with that gotta go with MASE in this one. 

901 folks.. will they livestream this game somewhere? 

They said last week was the toughest test !

I guess will we continue every week with it being  there toughest test!

1 minute ago, WildBill2388 said:

They said last week was the toughest test !

I guess will we continue every week with it being  there toughest test!

I mean, in an ideal situation.....yes. That's how this playoff system works. In theory, each team should be a tougher opponent than the week before. Last week was the toughest test in MASE's schedule until this week. If they get past Peabody, then next week's opponent will be even tougher....meaning next week you will see posts that say "This will be MASE's toughest test!"

Edited by jtm52k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

We know the task at hand, it is time to get to work. No need to be on a message board when there is business to take care of. We respect this MASE team, but we fear nobody. We have been in situations like this before and have come out on top. It appears the weather will be REALLY cold on Friday night, we have also played in really cold weather before (last year’s semifinal was well below freezing) and the hits just feel different in that type of cold. How will the MASE players react to this, because I don’t think they have seen a team as physical as Peabody will be Friday night. On the other hand, I don’t think Peabody has seen a team as talented as MASE will be, but talent alone doesn’t always win these big games. It is going to come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Turnovers this time of year will send you home quick. Roll Tide!

Physical is what they pride themselves on sir! They are very physical up front and will continue to be physical upfront! To them it doesn’t  matter who they play because those kids have a chip on their shoulder from all the talk about weak schedule and hadn’t played anybody. They are from Memphis that’s on the River what does the cold weather  have to do with this game!

They will be ready when the whistle blows Friday night at Melrose in the Mound baby!

Peabody is very well coached team!

5 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

I mean, in an ideal situation.....yes. That's how this playoff system works. In theory, each team should be a tougher opponent than the week before. Last week was the toughest test in MASE's schedule until this week. If they get past Peabody, then next week's opponent will be even tougher....meaning next week you will see posts that say "This will be MASE's toughest test!"

Ok I get it!

6 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Physical is what they pride themselves on sir! They are very physical up front and will continue to be physical upfront! To them it doesn’t  matter who they play because those kids have a chip on their shoulder from all the talk about weak schedule and hadn’t played anybody. They are from Memphis that’s on the River what does the cold weather  have to do with this game!

They will be ready when the whistle blows Friday night at Melrose in the Mound baby!

Unfortunately, through no fault of their own, they did have the weakest regular season schedule in all of 1A. Towards the end of the season they seemed to be getting a little more respect, at least here on CoachT. They made it this far, which is probably farther than anyone east of Memphis thought they would get in week 6. Honestly, I think they're going to give Peabody a really good game. For me, it's a toss up. And since I don't have a horse in this particular race, my only interest is in who wins and how they play. One week at a time, right?

29 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

Unfortunately, through no fault of their own, they did have the weakest regular season schedule in all of 1A. Towards the end of the season they seemed to be getting a little more respect, at least here on CoachT. They made it this far, which is probably farther than anyone east of Memphis thought they would get in week 6. Honestly, I think they're going to give Peabody a really good game. For me, it's a toss up. And since I don't have a horse in this particular race, my only interest is in who wins and how they play. One week at a time, right?

Correct!!

4 hours ago, 731Ball said:

They’re not. Y’all are easily skewed by a terrible schedule. 

Ok my man just show up Friday you will see just how weak the schedule was.

They will be ready to play I promise you that!

They Been disrespected all season and just like a blue collar worker continue to put their head down an work !

Edited by WildBill2388
Left word out

1 hour ago, WildBill2388 said:

Even though I most likely have never met you in person, I have much respect for you. You have had to defend MASE a lot this year about stuff that has nothing to do with football. I would like it if you had the opportunity to talk about football only this week. You are correct, from watching film MASE definitely prides itself on their physical but disciplined brand of football. This is going to be a great game played by two really good football teams and two great coaching staffs. I can not wait until Friday!

• Like 1