Attendance this weekend at Finley stadium.

Madddog2020

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Not sure what the final paid attendance numbers will be for this 3 day event, but I can say with certainty,  attendance numbers were low.  More so than last year.

They were low.  The TSSAA needs to move the event to Nashville or a more Middle-TN located venue.  I will say that I did enjoy Chattanooga much more than Cookeville.  

Confession.

Chattanooga is a better venue.

I felt no sense of "showcasing" anything at Cookeville... almost like a burden for them to host.

Not a "trip to the grocery" to get to Cookeville from the west, but I went... it is/was "doable".

Love Chattanooga area...lots of things to do, to see, and to eat (my specialty) other than just the games, but I didn't go... not impossible, but not "doable" to drive up, see a game (if not more), and drive home.

The goal of the committee should be to focus on bids, venue, and accessibility. Cookeville would be out for the aforementioned reasons... they had their shot. Everything east or west of a reasonable one day trip for the other extremity of the state should be devalued if not eliminated. Lots of excellent venues would remain, as long as it would be lucrative for them to host. In my opinion TSSAA should not take "bids" to host, they should assess presentations from COC's (or equivalent). If there were a smaller bid that showcased the kids and provided a better atmosphere that was readily accessible to more fans, the finances would materialize on the back end.

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Confession.

I felt no sense of "showcasing" anything at Cookeville... almost like a burden for them to host.

Not a "trip to the grocery" to get to Cookeville from the west, but I went... it is/was "doable".

Love Chattanooga area...lots of things to do, to see, and to eat (my specialty) other than just the games, but I didn't go... not impossible, but not "doable" to drive up, see a game (if not more), and drive home.

The goal of the committee should be to focus on bids, venue, and accessibility. Cookeville would be out for the aforementioned reasons... they had their shot. Everything east or west of a reasonable one day trip for the other extremity of the state should be devalued if not eliminated. Lots of excellent venues would remain, as long as it would be lucrative for them to host. In my opinion TSSAA should not take "bids" to host, they should assess presentations from COC's (or equivalent). If there were a smaller bid that showcased the kids and provided a better atmosphere that was readily accessible to more fans, the finances would materialize on the back end.

Very good points. 

25 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Confession.

That 3 1/2 ride  back was ruff for sure would love to see it done at MTSU it fills all the blanks

• Upvote 1

I can’t speak for Thursday or Friday but Saturday had good attendance especially on the visitor side with AC and Tyner playing. I thought for the distance travelled Riverside had a good showing as well Beech attendance was good too I was a little disappointed Oakland didn’t have more fans there. 

6 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

I can’t speak for Thursday or Friday but Saturday had good attendance especially on the visitor side with AC and Tyner playing. I thought for the distance travelled Riverside had a good showing as well Beech attendance was good too I was a little disappointed Oakland didn’t have more fans there. 

I could have told you that Riverside would be represented, they would have taken a good crowd to the Outer Banks in North Carolina if that's where the game was. Truth is, despite fewer kids being enrolled the small rural schools in our area most all travel well with only a couple of exceptions.

Edited by tradertwo