Question about Clarkrange

bobcatfan300

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:50 AM, LDFL24 said:

While I don't disagree that Clarkrange is somewhat down (as of right now) Basketball is a marathon season and it really only matters that the chemistry/magic starts to happen at tournament time. Coach Rogers understands this and his desire to win and ability to coach has not diminished over the years. His loss early in the tournament last year bothered him and I truly believe that if any coach can continue to grow and push a team it's him. 

As far as York having all the "good" players they are stacked this year and probably next year. It's always back and forth in that area and the rotation will move back to Clarkrange. Any time you have two traditional and historically good/great teams in the same small county this will happen. 

At the end of the day don't count Clarkrange out and if York is down in a couple of years... don't count them out!!

On 12/15/2022 at 3:22 PM, Khall555 said:

Upperman for now. (Notice how they have had 4 of the last 6 ms basketball winners) 

Recruiting is an open secret in the upper Cumberland. One girl can change the course of a program and it also removes a player from a rival’s roster. Jackson was getting girls out of Macon, and Putnam County now they’re staying home (note how good RBS, Cookeville, and Macon got). Clarkrange gets them from Cumberland, Putnam. Most are doing it to some extent. Some more than others. 

Players who live in Fentress County can go to either school. Anyone in the state can go to York since it is a state school. Anyone in the County can go to Clarkrange since it is the county high school. 

On 12/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, Khall555 said:

It started when Public Schools had to do it to compete with the Private Schools. Super Teams like CPA, FRA, and Lipscomb had were starting to dominate in Girls Basketball. Clarkrange has been doing it for a long time though. The best team they ever had (1995) was with 3 girls from Crossville on it. Now it’s out of hand. 

I don’t know where you got your info about the 95 team, but the only person that had been from Cumberland Co was Radhika Dishman. She had also suffered multiple ACL injuries. Andrea had attended Crossville for a year, but she sat out a year when she came back. However, she had always been a C-Range kid. I don’t even know who the 3rd person you are talking about. 
Also, recruitment is something that is a funny thing. Is it recruitment for a player to see the difference in programs and make a choice when enrolling for high school? Thing about Clarkrange is nothing is guaranteed. You play or ride the pine by what you do, not your last name or donors or whatever. That’s how it was and how I hope it will always be. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:59 PM, bobcatfan#1 said:

When was it back and forth? As far back as I remember it was always York to Clarkrange.

No it hasn't always been York over Clarkrange if I understand your comment correctly. There are years that YAI has the talent and ability to advance deep and some years it has been Clarkrange.  When you have two very storied and traditional teams in the same small county you can almost guarantee that there will be years the players end up on the North end of the county vs the South end of county and vice versa.

Edited by LDFL24

On 1/17/2023 at 9:12 AM, LDFL24 said:

No it hasn't always been York over Clarkrange if I understand your comment correctly. There are years that YAI has the talent and ability to advance deep and some years it has been Clarkrange.  When you have two very storied and traditional teams in the same small county you can almost guarantee that there will be years the players end up on the North end of the county vs the South end of county and vice versa.

With one county having two "storied programs" isn't it sad they still won't play each other because of something that happened sixty years ago? I heard a rumor that YAI reached out to Clarkrange to play and Clarkrange declined.

1 minute ago, MrYAIFAN said:

With one county having two "storied programs" isn't it sad they still won't play each other because of something that happened sixty years ago? I heard a rumor that YAI reached out to Clarkrange to play and Clarkrange declined.

They refused last year in a Christmas tournament 

I do agree. I've always thought the more you can play and the better programs you play can only make you better but I also am not a hall of fame coach and I do know that each coach needs to make his/her own decisions based on what's best for that team in that moment or season. I know that you may not reach out to a team to add them to schedule but I  am big on playing who you draw in a tournament/playday or scrimmage as long as they aren't in your district. For me, that would be the only exception.