Smoky Bears Off-season thread

Bueller

21 hours ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

Keep up the good work coach. Y’all’s boys are havin the time of their lives out there 

Now go fetch coach Kilmer another district title. The sad part is the last time the fairfarden’s finest or wise50 could even mention a district title was when brewer was their coach. Now joansboro and Newport have win streaks against the smoky bears of Cherokee hills. 
#JDIR

On 4/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

You would think as many Sevier County coaches that are on here or people that work at the central office someone would answer your question. I don't have a beef with the fine folks from Sevier County like Murphy College does and only wish them well. My first high school football  game as player was at Sevier County and the county fair was going on right beside the football field at the old field which not being from there I was always curious where it was at. Murphy College was nice enough of all the people I ask and told me exactly where it was which I visited back at the first of the year. Even though the old stands were gone the old light poles are still the same ones and the old scoreboard frame is still standing behind the newer one as a prop or something. I knew for sure I had found it when I fould the old scoreboard which had a real clock with hands on it to keep the time. Not only that but he told me about the old college which is the central office and a school that Maryville High played a few times back in the 1920's. Very interesting history you folks have there. 

That’s the problem Barn. The coaches spend more of their time reading what Murphy posts on coach T than they do teaching fundamental football. Right now the coaches should be in the weight room showing their student athletes to stop just short of going all the way up on their dumbbell curls. When you go all the way up you rest the muscle, if you stop just short you keep tension on the muscle and get a better pump. They should be making sure their student athletes aren’t bouncing the bar off their chest when they bench press. You have to control the bar to get full development of the pectoral muscle. They should be checking the lunch room and making sure the players are getting some vegetables and milk or chocolate milk. Not just a square pizza and a soda. They should be putting together a practice plan to ensure each position group is learning the feetwork and hand placement to be able to play that position. But they’d rather spend their time worrying about what Murphy College posts on the T. And don’t even get me started on the history lesson you just gave the descendants of Spencer Clack. I’ve heard several people at church say they didn’t know what Murphy College was until some old guy started posting on the T. I really don’t have a beef with the coaches. I watched most of them play midget and high school ball. I was screaming the loudest for them at burchfiel stadium. They were much better players than I ever was. But when I go watch the smoky bears I want to see fundamental football. I want to see purple pride. I want to see effort for 4 quarters. Most of all I just want to see kids having fun playing a kids game. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:40 AM, Fandom101 said:

Hopefully these “roaches” will lead to wins against the likes of Cocke County and Heritage. Do you watch the other teams OL and count their “roaches” up to determine that you guys have lead your conference? Good luck to the Smokes this year! New conference should be beneficial.

He probably does. You have time to count the opponents “roaches” when you’re not coaching up your guys on the sideline. I remember when the smoky bears used to have in game adjustments, but those days are long gone. Thanks for wishing us good luck, we need it. But I’m of the opinion it doesn’t matter what conference you’re in if you don’t teach fundamental football.  Not gonna beat anybody if you can’t complete the forward pass. 
#JDIR

#ScheduleDown

#RunFromCompetition

Edited by MurphyCollege

12 hours ago, bounder said:

Hey Murphy had to go to a wedding Saturday up close to Pittman Center and when I when past  Sevier County High School I thought about you. Also the good games we've had up there.

Hope you enjoyed the wedding, and congratulations to the newlyweds. We sure have had some good ones over the years. There’s also been some lopsided games and unfortunately we were usually on the wrong side of those games. If it were up to me we’d still be playing. I’d rather lose to bear creek valley than beat wearwood by 7. Maybe one day we’ll have a coach who will #JustDoItRight and schedule good teams. Apparently you can’t “Google” a way to compete when the competition is in your face, but you sure can google how to drive right past Sutherland ave and “compete” with lenior city instead. Sad day indeed. Maybe one day the students of the eastgate-fairgarden unified school district will be able to compete with good teams like OR. But I doubt it will be under this regime. 

#KodakMentality

#ScheduleWeak

#ButTweetStrong

#JDIR???

On 4/20/2023 at 6:58 AM, wise50 said:

I don't care who you are old man. I answer to head coach and he says I do my job. That's all that matters. When we lead the conference in roaches again, I'll be here to let you know

Is the same head coach that lost to Newport? Still waiting for you to answer, coach. 

Edited by MurphyCollege