South Side

WestTNHoopsFan

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I like points not a coin flip.

Here is an argument against points. So top 2 teams are playing in final game of season. We’ll use SS and SGC as examples. SS wins first game by 8. Also details in the game, is 4 points with 30 seconds, but SGC plays the foul game and loses by 8. Fair game. Now in the final game of season, SS goes in know they don’t have to win, they only have to lose by 7 or less. Not a big deal, bc you could argue they earned it. But now they’re down 4 points with 30 seconds left, and they just decide to give up to protect the seeding. You are hurting the integrity of the game. Can you truly argue that SS was better based off points? Or did they just have the better opportunity of knowing what they needed? 
And also, it shouldn’t matter with top teams, but you would have to cap the spread at 20 point blowouts, way to many variable happen to skew scores after that. 

1 minute ago, GHSSupporter said:

Here is an argument against points. So top 2 teams are playing in final game of season. We’ll use SS and SGC as examples. SS wins first game by 8. Also details in the game, is 4 points with 30 seconds, but SGC plays the foul game and loses by 8. Fair game. Now in the final game of season, SS goes in know they don’t have to win, they only have to lose by 7 or less. Not a big deal, bc you could argue they earned it. But now they’re down 4 points with 30 seconds left, and they just decide to give up to protect the seeding. You are hurting the integrity of the game. Can you truly argue that SS was better based off points? Or did they just have the better opportunity of knowing what they needed? 
And also, it shouldn’t matter with top teams, but you would have to cap the spread at 20 point blowouts, way to many variable happen to skew scores after that. 

And when I say you HAVE to, obviously I know the coaches have things in place. That’s just my opinion on how it should be ran. Not that anyone cares lol 

13 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

Don’t lose & you wouldn’t have them problems! Boom simple! The points work! The best team gets the correct seeding! If you don’t like what seed you get, win & you will be #1! 

15 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

It has been a wild year in 3A in West Tennessee. Is there a favorite in Region 6? I think Haywood is the favorite for Region 7. 

Region 6 is definitely a toss up between all teams. Honestly anyone can win this region, I mean 1-4 can beat anybody on any given night. Imo SS is playing the best ball right now but has no experience. So that could be where NS gets the advantage. 

Now let’s get to Haywood, they arguably has the best team in the state! They are deep & their guard can D you all night! Probably has the best post in Tennessee but doesn’t utilized them correctly imo but I am no coach. They will have problems with Crockett, Dyersburg, Dyer Co in the region depending on where it is held this year. 

15 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

It has been a wild year in 3A in West Tennessee. Is there a favorite in Region 6? I think Haywood is the favorite for Region 7. 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Don’t lose & you wouldn’t have them problems! Boom simple! The points work! The best team gets the correct seeding! If you don’t like what seed you get, win & you will be #1! 

Lol makes no sense. If you don’t lose there is no tie breaker. And I can say the exact same thing. Don’t like a coin toss? Simple just don’t lose and you won’t have one. 

22 minutes ago, GHSSupporter said:

Lol makes no sense. If you don’t lose there is no tie breaker. And I can say the exact same thing. Don’t like a coin toss? Simple just don’t lose and you won’t have one. 

Exactly! That’s what I am telling you sir/ma’am! If the majority votes on it that what it is. All 4 coaches agreed on it so you know you can’t please everyone! Them 4 coaches are the only ones that matter, it doesn’t matter what we like or agree or disagree with!