Seymour Coach Open

ThinkFastRunFast

On 2/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, GatorTDMaker said:

Doesn’t help him that Bearden already stole their upcoming QB. May the odds be in his favor. 

The crazy part about him transferring is that he probably won’t even start by the time the season comes around, but at Seymour, he was recognized as one of the best up-and-coming quarterbacks in the state. At least before he got injured, he was on a hot streak. And the quarterback, Bearden, currently has respectability that isn't very good. I mean, he was just a freshman & sophomore, starting on a 6A team. He's definitely getting better, but I guess it just shows the difference in the big leap between 4A and 6A, but I don't know; I just find it funny.

On 2/21/2023 at 4:38 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

That NIL money pays good in West Knoxville.

I’m pretty sure it was his dad (Madden’s dad) who decided to persuade his son to move. I doubt there was any transaction because their current quarterback’s dad is the basketball coach at Bearden, and well, he’s a pretty good basketball coach, and I really doubt they would threaten their relationship by getting another quarterback to replace his son, but I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, ThinkFastRunFast said:

Definitely a rough way to start the season, I'd imagine GP is still salty over the loss two years ago on Hammonds Field....

not sure why this site is not secure been on here 20 yrs. Gp will be loaded 11-2 last year. 7 mercy rule games both losses to alcoa. will be better this year and only have to play Alcoa  in playoffs. 15 or 20 trick plays we might  keep it close.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:52 PM, harley04 said:

Go to GP week one want be pretty, losing QB nightmare. watched this game in 80;s 90;s they were exciting. 

Late 70s was good too. I always thought this was the best rivalry in the county. I was surprised they went so long not playing each other recently, but I was glad this rivalry got renewed. 

15 hours ago, harley04 said:

not sure why this site is not secure been on here 20 yrs. Gp will be loaded 11-2 last year. 7 mercy rule games both losses to alcoa. will be better this year and only have to play Alcoa  in playoffs. 15 or 20 trick plays we might  keep it close.

I’ve gone on record on the T that arrowmont has the best coach in the county and will have the best team in the county this year. I’m curious how you would compare GP this year to the other teams in the county. 

On 5/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, MurphyCollege said:

I’ve gone on record on the T that arrowmont has the best coach in the county and will have the best team in the county this year. I’m curious how you would compare GP this year to the other teams in the county. 

we have more college talent I think than anyone. we open with Seymore,Cocke Co Carter, AE Fulton Game 5 never know what they got. I wouldn't be surprise if our only loss is 3rd round Alcoaaaa. Injuries can change everything.we have very good passing and running game. kicking game is good.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 9:23 PM, harley04 said:

we have more college talent I think than anyone. we open with Seymore,Cocke Co Carter, AE Fulton Game 5 never know what they got. I wouldn't be surprise if our only loss is 3rd round Alcoaaaa. Injuries can change everything.we have very good passing and running game. kicking game is good.

Sounds like a good year for the kilts from north of the tunnel. SC has roughly 3x as many students as arrowmont high, yet the kilts have more talent than eastgate. Sounds like we need more fundamentals taught down here at eastgate. I wonder why GP is putting out more talent than SC?

On 6/12/2023 at 12:53 PM, MurphyCollege said:

Sounds like a good year for the kilts from north of the tunnel. SC has roughly 3x as many students as arrowmont high, yet the kilts have more talent than eastgate. Sounds like we need more fundamentals taught down here at eastgate. I wonder why GP is putting out more talent than SC?

GP seniors got 5,282,977.5 in scholarship money. its a beautiful place. great fans . This year is not normal to have a few D1 guys. But you need more than that to beat Alcoa. If you have ever seen this place you know why parents want there kids here.

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, harley04 said:

GP seniors got 5,282,977.5 in scholarship money. its a beautiful place. great fans . This year is not normal to have a few D1 guys. But you need more than that to beat Alcoa. If you have ever seen this place you know why parents want there kids here.

That’s very impressive. And it is a nice little community. Good things happening north of the tunnel. Think GP can continue to build and possibly beat Alcoa one day? Roughly a decade ago, when sevier county was good and could complete the forward pass, I thought we could continue to build and possibly beat Maryville one day. Now we just hope to beat Newport. Enjoy the good times while you can, because before you know it’s over and you’re losing to heritage. 

8 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

That’s very impressive. And it is a nice little community. Good things happening north of the tunnel. Think GP can continue to build and possibly beat Alcoa one day? Roughly a decade ago, when sevier county was good and could complete the forward pass, I thought we could continue to build and possibly beat Maryville one day. Now we just hope to beat Newport. Enjoy the good times while you can, because before you know it’s over and you’re losing to heritage. 

I remember bears  breaking up pass in endzone winning state. Few teams can beat Alcoa in state we will never be one of them. been going to GP games close to 40 years seen all alcoa matchups. Best thing about playing alcoa twice a year is 5 years later you realize you tackled someone playing on sunday.I do like our new Coach.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2023 at 7:18 PM, harley04 said:

I remember bears  breaking up pass in endzone winning state. Few teams can beat Alcoa in state we will never be one of them. been going to GP games close to 40 years seen all alcoa matchups. Best thing about playing alcoa twice a year is 5 years later you realize you tackled someone playing on sunday.I do like our new Coach.

Unfortunately those bears are long gone. Was that bear that broke up the pass the same bear that taught special ed for rankin at Alcoa?