Border Wars II: Team TN vs. Team GA

TNUSAWrestling

58 minutes ago, MidwestXFER said:

There were girls at the WNO!

There was 1 girls match at WN1 450+ girls in the state wrestled in region tournaments alone and 1 girls match satisfies you but me not doing ranking for state did not satisfy you so you asked why I would treat them differently then the boys..

yet you not asking the same question when it actually comes down to treating them differently then the boys.. 

6 hours ago, cougars130 said:

There was 1 girls match at WN1 450+ girls in the state wrestled in region tournaments alone and 1 girls match satisfies you but me not doing ranking for state did not satisfy you so you asked why I would treat them differently then the boys..

yet you not asking the same question when it actually comes down to treating them differently then the boys.. 

no, you’re duplicating something that is already being done. I simply said, if you don’t like the current situation, do something about it instead of just complaining on couch T.  That is what is wrong with the girls programs in Tennessee, everybody wants to complain. Nobody wants to do a darn thing! Unless it directly benefits their club/high school. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MidwestXFER said:

no, you’re duplicating something that is already being done. I simply said, if you don’t like the current situation, do something about it instead of just complaining on couch T.  That is what is wrong with the girls programs in Tennessee, everybody wants to complain. Nobody wants to do a darn thing! Unless it directly benefits their club/high school. 

No clue what you are talking about. 
still not an answer to the main question. Have a great day. 

19 hours ago, cougars130 said:

If money is already being used to do the event why would we not add the girls into the event. 
I'm not paying for this event either but add the girls and I would come to the event. 

That’s my question how hard would it have been to take the girls on Team TN to the event and let them wrestle. 

Because some people pay to watch one sport and don’t care to watch the other. Girls wrestling is strong enough to stand on its own and rightfully should. 

30 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

Because some people pay to watch one sport and don’t care to watch the other. Girls wrestling is strong enough to stand on its own and rightfully should. 

Then you would just pay to watch the portion of wrestling you want to see. 
just like any other sport that involves PPV. UFC, Boxing, Flo Events. That excuse is old.  

TNUSAW definitely wanted to add girls.

They reached out, and myself and Panone of GA were trying to make it happen.

Problem is there was a donation to fund the boys singlets and event apparel given to the boys.

We didn’t have that for the girls, so it was either wrestle the event with girls and make them pay….or not give the girls any gear. Neither were a good idea to myself or Panone.

With girls wrestling going, hopefully people will help find these events financially in the future. 

Plan is to have this by next year and do it right. 

People DO care about girls wrestling in TN…. actually a lot of people. We just need to be proactive and get people involved who just want to help, in any way needed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

TNUSAW definitely wanted to add girls.

They reached out, and myself and Panone of GA were trying to make it happen.

Problem is there was a donation to fund the boys singlets and event apparel given to the boys.

We didn’t have that for the girls, so it was either wrestle the event with girls and make them pay….or not give the girls any gear. Neither were a good idea to myself or Panone.

With girls wrestling going, hopefully people will help find these events financially in the future. 

Plan is to have this by next year and do it right. 

People DO care about girls wrestling in TN…. actually a lot of people. We just need to be proactive and get people involved who just want to help, in any way needed.

This is a response to look for and there are people wanting to help make these events happen I’m one of them but seems like only asking a few people makes it difficult for the people who want to help know it’s being wanted in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, cowcatcherII said:

Thank you CoachBosken for an insightful post that actually added substance to the conversation. 

Cougars130 just sounds like one of those angry liberals that likes to complain about everything. LOL! 

Complaining and asking for information are different. 
If I’m not asking I don’t get the answer Josh just provided. 

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

Then you would just pay to watch the portion of wrestling you want to see. 
just like any other sport that involves PPV. UFC, Boxing, Flo Events. That excuse is old.  

Curious how this is an excuse?  Also, having girls wrestling ride the coattails of boys wrestling seems like an old proposition. When you put your ppv program together, just have girls. If it’s profitable, you will do it and prosper and your girls will get the attention you want for them. Also, this wasn’t “the state of TN” putting this together, this was a group of entrepreneurs, their show, their call. Glad they didn’t mix another sport in with it or I would have put the PA finals on instead.  

5 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

Curious how this is an excuse?  Also, having girls wrestling ride the coattails of boys wrestling seems like an old proposition. When you put your ppv program together, just have girls. If it’s profitable, you will do it and prosper and your girls will get the attention you want for them. Also, this wasn’t “the state of TN” putting this together, this was a group of entrepreneurs, their show, their call. Glad they didn’t mix another sport in with it or I would have put the PA finals on instead.  

Your PPV viewing would have been replaced with my Attendance to the event no money lost for you to watch the PA finals. 
have a great day.