LA 2023 schedule

theawesomebro

1 hour ago, Navy21412 said:

The number of 11th hour transfers, after practice and scrimmages have started, from out of the the area.  And the TSSAA granting them all immediate eligibility even though it is really dubious that some of them are “moving” to the area at all.  Have never observed anything like this happening in D2 in all of its existence beginning in 1997. If it’s going to require doing that to win, then I would prefer we lose and don’t do what is required to win.

Not aware of any transfers that will play for us this year. Last year there were 2 who played—one family moved to Nashville from Kentucky when the kid was a sophomore, and one son of an alum who started at BA and transferred to MBA and was required to sit out his junior year.  Both graduated last year. 

thanks for the response.  I am not aware of any dubious transfers at LA at all.   they, like the ones MBA has, moved here for work, life, etc.  I can't speak to other schools but the 2 main transfers for LA are from out of state and there is nothing to grant from the TSSAA.  it's also easy to say "id prefer to lose..." when MBA was already in a position of having a winning tradition that naturally draws in good athletes. 

your first post seems to imply that everyone should get their turn as seniors.  the life lesson that teaches sounds dubious to me.  in my professional experience, the best person should get the job and if it's not me, I can work harder, suck it up and do my best.   no one ever gave me anything because it was my turn.  

I know some folks have left LA to play elsewhere and some kids who were not going to start just found other sports to pursue and are perfectly happy.  I am sure there are a few who are dissatisfied but the majority are not.  I personally think LA is a better for school for the diversity (racially, socioeconomically, politicly, theologically) in the community than being some good old boys club where the ones who have been around the longest have more say.  that may not be exactly what you are saying but it's not far off IMHO.  if that was the case, we would not be there.  

your posts usually seem reasonable and thoughtful so i appreciate the discussion.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

thanks for the response.  I am not aware of any dubious transfers at LA at all.   they, like the ones MBA has, moved here for work, life, etc.  I can't speak to other schools but the 2 main transfers for LA are from out of state and there is nothing to grant from the TSSAA.  it's also easy to say "id prefer to lose..." when MBA was already in a position of having a winning tradition that naturally draws in good athletes. 

your first post seems to imply that everyone should get their turn as seniors.  the life lesson that teaches sounds dubious to me.  in my professional experience, the best person should get the job and if it's not me, I can work harder, suck it up and do my best.   no one ever gave me anything because it was my turn.  

I know some folks have left LA to play elsewhere and some kids who were not going to start just found other sports to pursue and are perfectly happy.  I am sure there are a few who are dissatisfied but the majority are not.  I personally think LA is a better for school for the diversity (racially, socioeconomically, politicly, theologically) in the community than being some good old boys club where the ones who have been around the longest have more say.  that may not be exactly what you are saying but it's not far off IMHO.  if that was the case, we would not be there.  

your posts usually seem reasonable and thoughtful so i appreciate the discussion.

Keep in mind that Jackson transferred in from Chicago to take Tav’s spot…..deuce transferring to take Jackson’s spot is not unique….should LA said no?  I guess they should have said Go to MBA…they don’t have a QB.

6 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

Of course I don’t think seniors should get to play because they’re seniors. That doesn’t make sense. Best 11 kids play when the ball is snapped. May work out for you, may not.  All you can do is your best, put the work in, listen to your coaches. You get beat out by an underclassman, then so be it. Glad it worked for my son, in football. Hasn’t been the case in other sports he plays.  No harm in that.  

26 minutes ago, Flea21 said:

Keep in mind that Jackson transferred in from Chicago to take Tav’s spot…..deuce transferring to take Jackson’s spot is not unique….should LA said no?  I guess they should have said Go to MBA…they don’t have a QB.

Honestly we’d love Tav at MBA. He’d do great for us. Hate for him and his family (good people) he will never see the field at LA. 

5 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

Honestly we’d love Tav at MBA. He’d do great for us. Hate for him and his family (good people) he will never see the field at LA. 

you never know...he might get in there more than it seems!  i'm interested to see how H does!  bro has a letter for a name which is super cool.

7 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

Of course I don’t think seniors should get to play because they’re seniors. That doesn’t make sense. Best 11 kids play when the ball is snapped. May work out for you, may not.  All you can do is your best, put the work in, listen to your coaches. You get beat out by an underclassman, then so be it. Glad it worked for my son, in football. Hasn’t been the case in other sports he plays.  No harm in that.  

I gotcha.  thanks for the response!

29 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

you never know...he might get in there more than it seems!  i'm interested to see how H does!  bro has a letter for a name which is super cool.

I gotcha.  thanks for the response!

Well likewise I am a huge huge fan of Kaleb Beasley. Just as a kid, athlete person and I look forward to cheering for him for many years (except 1 week) for a very long time. 

On 8/13/2023 at 7:27 PM, theawesomebro said:

yeah he's something else! 

got lots of friends at MBA!

Awesome sombrero dude, how do I watch this Friday‘s game from home? Please not say NHFS… the amount of swearing and anger that accompanies trying to view that stream system is too much… you tube? That would be swell or is it on mytv30? Thanks!

Edited by BreadTruck28
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Awesome sombrero dude, how do I watch this Friday‘s game from home? Please not say NHFS… the amount of swearing and anger that accompanies trying to view that stream system is too much… you tube? That would be swell or is it on mytv30? Thanks!

LA does steam on youtube but this one got picked up by flosports, so I am not sure if there will be a youtube as well.  my guess is no.  you have to pay though...here is a link...

https://www.flofootball.com/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F59003&utm_campaign=526060imgflvslipscomb&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=prepgridironlogistics.com&utm_content=signup&contract_id=0063m00000ll51faas&coverage_id=11034214&sp=

yeah, NHFS is rough.  my account was on auto renew so I accidentally paid for another year.  : (

good to see you popping up again!!

• Like 1