LA 2023 schedule

theawesomebro

i have a hard time knowing translating scrimmages into "how do we look in a game" but both defenses looked pretty good.  the PC was really tough against the run.  they stuffed LA more than any team last year.  we did ok passing but need to be more consistent.  PC had one nice long run and a nice long pass but didn't get in the endzone.  I think it was 12-0 FWIW.

I think PC was a tough scrimmage last year and it was the same again.  LA looked worse in the scrimmage last year and came out slow against milton and thompson and kept getting better all year I think.  that's true for PC last year as well and I hope both teams do the same again!!

anyone else go?

6 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

I think he's joking.  FBfan26 did you go?

Yea i went and I actually think we match up pretty well. It was 6-0 varsity. Every big play or TD we had they blew it dead due to QBs not being live. Pc has a new OC and it was a pretty good first showing. Things I noticed about LA is couldn't run the ball consistently. They also need to find a FG kicker asap. OL when need to get more physical. I think LA was more talented last year  at the skill position. We play BA this week and if I make it will go a little bit deeper.

Edited by FBfan26

On 7/29/2023 at 7:32 PM, FBfan26 said:

Yea i went and I actually think we match up pretty well. It was 6-0 varsity. Every big play or TD we had they blew it dead due to QBs not being live. Pc has a new OC and it was a pretty good first showing. Things I noticed about LA is couldn't run the ball consistently. They also need to find a FG kicker asap. OL when need to get more physical. I think LA was more talented last year  at the skill position. We play BA this week and if I make it will go a little bit deeper.

I've seen the film from this scrimmage.. I kept asking myself is Pearl's front seven this good or is Lipscomb's line not that good. Think it's a bit of both. Pearl has got some dudes up front but Lipscomb does not look physical. Sure both teams probably were not showing a whole lot but Lipscomb looked way more talented last year.

• Upvote 1

So now that I’ve seen both teams here’s what I think. BA offensively is light years better than Lipscomb but at the same time LA defense is legit. BA QB will be the best player on the field and that’s without seeing LA New QB. I like Lipscomb but I think they lose to IMG because of the trenches. I also give BA 7 points . That Dline does a heck of a job getting their hands up if they can’t get to the QB

4 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That Dline does a heck of a job getting their hands up if they can’t get to the QB

I think you're talking about BA's dline. If that's the case, they're learning by going against GM in practice. It's a tactic I don't see enough of these days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, QuickStrike said:

Personally can't wait to see LA fall from grace.

I read this and I get how you feel, but I can't help but feel badly for the students. How much of your anger is really directed at Dilfer and how he went about it. And in his defense, he was given carte blanche and so you have to blame the school leadership and decision makers. Personally, I think the next 2-3 yrs in D2 AAA has the potential to be really awesome in terms of competition. 

33 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

I read this and I get how you feel, but I can't help but feel badly for the students. How much of your anger is really directed at Dilfer and how he went about it. And in his defense, he was given carte blanche and so you have to blame the school leadership and decision makers. Personally, I think the next 2-3 yrs in D2 AAA has the potential to be really awesome in terms of competition. 

I get that he ruffled some feathers but I think the shake up was good for football in middle TN.  maybe LA steps back a bit but I don't see them tanking.  I agree that D2-AAA should be pretty fun to watch!!

On 8/8/2023 at 12:02 PM, theawesomebro said:

I get that he ruffled some feathers but I think the shake up was good for football in middle TN.  maybe LA steps back a bit but I don't see them tanking.  I agree that D2-AAA should be pretty fun to watch!!

If David Lipscomb High School falls off some compared to the teams coached by Trent Dilfer it will be due to the "LIFERS" complaining about "Lil Johnny" not getting to play due to the recruits being brought into the school.