Hearing a coaching change happening in west TN...

WestTNHoopsFan

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

JMCSS didn't "allow" anything to happen...they gave preferential treatment to the hires at JCM in order to bring in the big names to their pet project. Football too. Rudesill and Shutes were/are on the back end of their respective careers, and simply took the easy money. What would have served justice to JMCSS, would have been for ALL the rest to walk away and leave them stranded. Fuller and McNeal were mentioned earlier because they have both had tremendous success, but all the coaches already in the system were extremely disrespected by the classless show of favoritism for JCM over the other schools. Glad for Coach McNeal to bring one home for SouthSide, but Jackson/Madison Co. didn't deserve it.

I absolutely agree to this. JMCSS showed (and will continue to do so) a lot of favoritism towards JCM during that stretch. However, I was disappointed in JCM's development in football for the 2022 season, and I think JMCSS has backed off on it. They will show favoritism towards South Side on social media because their girls basketball program. McNeal has earned every right to win a state title for his program, but (in my opinion) JMCSS cares more about one program winning a state title, then the county as a whole. While one program is doing well, the other four programs are program that are currently a dumpster fire. As long as South Side keeps winning, why should JMCSS care about the other four programs? They don't, and that what bugs me a little.

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I absolutely agree to this. JMCSS showed (and will continue to do so) a lot of favoritism towards JCM during that stretch. However, I was disappointed in JCM's development in football for the 2022 season, and I think JMCSS has backed off on it. They will show favoritism towards South Side on social media because their girls basketball program. McNeal has earned every right to win a state title for his program, but (in my opinion) JMCSS cares more about one program winning a state title, then the county as a whole. While one program is doing well, the other four programs are program that are currently a dumpster fire. As long as South Side keeps winning, why should JMCSS care about the other four programs? They don't, and that what bugs me a little.

The football program at JCM didn't land their whale like the basketball programs did because everyone knew that the deal that they offered was not sustainable. Six figure salaries with no classroom duties are luxuries that very few can afford to offer, especially when exclusive to one school with multiple others in the same system not privy to offer their employee's the same stipend for doing the same job. I still find it hard to believe that lawsuits didn't get filed and resignations weren't tenured from it immediately.

On 4/29/2023 at 2:08 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Seems like schools are still willing to hire coaches with somewhat of an impressive resume over young/energetic coaches who has an opportunity to take the school to different heights and prove themselves. Nothing wrong with hiring Rudesill, but I'm not going to sit here and act like he'll take the Cavaliers to a higher level than their previous coach, Adam Simpson, did in Alamo. I thought Crockett County actually had a good year in boys basketball. What happened to the Cavs' coach?

What do you think happened if there was never any news of his resignation 

6 hours ago, 731Ball said:

What do you think happened if there was never any news of his resignation 

Have not seen anything about the coach that was there for 2 years. maybe he is taking a new job out of the area but you would think some local media coverage would have been out there. No idea

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Have not seen anything about the coach that was there for 2 years. maybe he is taking a new job out of the area but you would think some local media coverage would have been out there. No idea

Coach and student 

5 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

what tha...  Where is he going?  Out of the area? He has a great resume. took Madison to state tournament prior to crockett and took crockett to sectionals in his first year. He should get a nice job. 

Well when he doesn’t, just know 

• 5 months later...