NIL + "Transfer Portal" of High School Football

11 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Every team attempts to recruit. Some are better than others. Some have done it so well they don’t have to as much as they previously did. 

nope.  It's not something every team does.  Attempting to have a good program that is successful isn't recruiting.  Calling kids and texting kids to get them to come is the problem.  And not every team does that.  

13 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

nope.  It's not something every team does.  Attempting to have a good program that is successful isn't recruiting.  Calling kids and texting kids to get them to come is the problem.  And not every team does that.  

Everyone recruits in a way. There is no right way to do it. Like I said some are better recruiters than others. There is a reason why talent follow people/programs. 

13 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

90+% of the time the high school coaches are not calling players and recruiting.  The recruiting is being done by current players, youth football coaches and others that live in the community.

5 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Everyone recruits in a way. There is no right way to do it. Like I said some are better recruiters than others. There is a reason why talent follow people/programs. 

This is the kind of chat we get from ppl that don't have a clue what the rules are.  you should read them sometime.

7 minutes ago, cbg said:

90+% of the time the high school coaches are not calling players and recruiting.  The recruiting is being done by current players, youth football coaches and others that live in the community.

The 5% that are calling and texting players are the real problem.  And that goes for D2 as well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

This is the kind of chat we get from ppl that don't have a clue what the rules are.  you should read them sometime.

The 5% that are calling and texting players are the real problem.  And that goes for D2 as well.

Please cite what rule you think I am ignorant of

Edited by SheriffofRedRock
misspelling

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Please cite what rule you think I am ignorant of

you said, "there's no right way to do it."  except its spelled out explicitly with examples in the "recruiting rule" what you can and can't do.  

So i guess I'd say youre ignorant of the difference between the "Recruiting Rule" and a "member school",  "marketing it's total school program or conducting programs designed to attract studens based on the school's overall education and extracurricular programs..."   Which ain't illegal.

15 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

you said, "there's no right way to do it."  except its spelled out explicitly with examples in the "recruiting rule" what you can and can't do.  

So i guess I'd say youre ignorant of the difference between the "Recruiting Rule" and a "member school",  "marketing it's total school program or conducting programs designed to attract studens based on the school's overall education and extracurricular programs..."   Which ain't illegal.

No school program is being set up to recruit football players. You're trying to bend that in your favor there. The way most people used to recruit was middle school ball. As long as your transfer is approved by your principal and the student starts there in 9th grade no problem. Which in my opinion is fair. I think the issue people are having now is players transferring after their high school career has begun with out truly moving. If some parents want to move into a different zone and actually live there then I have no problem with it, and I think most people would feel the same. Jobs, market, etc sometimes cause families to have to move. The issue that I believe gets people/programs mad is when people lie about addresses. A member within the program will use vacant houses/domiciles to claim the player is living there when in reality they aren't. Or someone will just use an address that they live at themselves. TSSAA doesn't have the resources to be able to check on these. 

7 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

No school program is being set up to recruit football players. You're trying to bend that in your favor there. The way most people used to recruit was middle school ball. As long as your transfer is approved by your principal and the student starts there in 9th grade no problem. Which in my opinion is fair. I think the issue people are having now is players transferring after their high school career has begun with out truly moving. If some parents want to move into a different zone and actually live there then I have no problem with it, and I think most people would feel the same. Jobs, market, etc sometimes cause families to have to move. The issue that I believe gets people/programs mad is when people lie about addresses. A member within the program will use vacant houses/domiciles to claim the player is living there when in reality they aren't. Or someone will just use an address that they live at themselves. TSSAA doesn't have the resources to be able to check on these. 

I'm not trying to bend that in my favor.  That's  a quote from the rule book.  Love that you didn't recognize it.   

What you brought up instead is under section 11-13.  TSSAA isn't supposed to police that though.  If a person didn't actually move and they're playing for a new school, the first school simply has to turn the player in with proof (not that hard), and if the recieving school played the kid and they didn't actually move, or they aren't eligible, then recieving school is punished.  

I'm pretty sure we've seen that rule enforced in Knoxville within the last 5 or 6 years.