Reeder Resigns at Jackson South Side

ReitzFan

1 hour ago, Deeper said:

I beg to differ.  Take a look at the facilities at Lake County.  State Champions about 3 years ago with a 15-0 finish.  It's never about the facilities.  It's always about the coaching.

Two different situations than what I'm referring to. Do I ultimately agree with you from that aspect, yes. However, this is why I'm going to disagree with you as well.

Lake County is in its own island. Last time I checked, hardly anybody is moving to Tiptonville. If I go to Lake County (which is rare) the only thing I look forward to is eating catfish at one of those restaurants, that's it. For Humboldt, it's a different story. There are more jobs in Humboldt, there's a school 10 minutes north of the town, and there are two schools about 10 minutes east of the town.

All three of their schools have done something recently when it comes to facility upgrades.

Peabody: 50 yard indoor facility

Milan: New stadium and I think they have a indoor facility as well.

South Gibson: they don't need anything new in football, but they made major upgrades in their minor sports recently.

For Humboldt, a school that doesn't have the test scores as to any other schools across Gibson County, have to find something that may be worth sending kids to their school. If they're struggling at that, then there's no value or reason (as tough as it sounds) to send a kid to Humboldt High over any other school across Gibson County. 

Humboldt should be a top 10 team in 1A and fight with Union City to win their district. That should be an expectation with their athletes in a classification that may struggle to find a good amount of athletes on a specific team. If they were to upgrade facilities and make it comparable to the other schools across the county, then that could get them a better chance of getting a good coach (not saying Teddy is bad). And when you look at the other schools across Gibson County, Humboldt actually may have the easiest chance to win a state title because the other schools' path to win, is difficult.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Don't overreact to a rumor... I do think Humboldt (as weird as this sounds) is a better job than South Side. The only thing holding Humboldt back is some type of donation for upgrades towards their field house/stadium.

Humboldt is one of the WORST jobs in West TN. Ask anyone who has been there the past decade. What a crazy statement 

1 hour ago, Deeper said:

I beg to differ.  Take a look at the facilities at Lake County.  State Champions about 3 years ago with a 15-0 finish.  It's never about the facilities.  It's always about the coaching.

That is a bold statement. Very bold. I will just have to sit back a read the comments following... Humboldt 20 years ago, yes. Humboldt today, no. 

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

That is a bold statement. Very bold. I will just have to sit back a read the comments following... Humboldt 20 years ago, yes. Humboldt today, no. 

Yeah the place is a joke top to bottom. He either loves Humboldt, hates JSSHS, or isn’t clicking on all cylinders 

5 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

Humboldt is one of the WORST jobs in West TN. Ask anyone who has been there the past decade. What a crazy statement 

Crazier than you saying he's going to take that job? Is Humboldt a better job than South Side? Yes... Is Humboldt a good job now? No. Can it be a good job? Yes. 

There's a reason why 4 coaches left South Side. They're going to be fortunate to win 3 games this year. 

Just now, TryNotToSuck said:

Crazier than you saying he's going to take that job? Is Humboldt a better job than South Side? Yes... Is Humboldt a good job now? No. Can it be a good job? Yes. 

There's a reason why 4 coaches left South Side. They're going to be fortunate to win 3 games this year. 

Dude.. Humboldt would hire my dog if she volunteered her time. South Side coaches are leaving for better opportunities. None of them will ever leave for HUMBOLDT. 

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If Teddy doesn’t want the job, why is he interviewing for it? For more $ from Humboldt? HA!

Edited by 731Ball

13 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

If Teddy doesn’t want the job, why is he interviewing for it? For more $ from Humboldt? HA!

Because no one will take this job. Who wants this job now in June? People that put themselves in sticky situations because they were handed keys to a car that can be good, but ended up wrecking car and trying to find a way out. There was no improvement from year 1 to year 2 in the Teddy era at Humboldt. Similar to his situation at Milan, right?

On 6/14/2023 at 7:39 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Not questioning whether it's true or not but it makes no sense. If you can't win at Humboldt what makes anyone think he'll win at SS

Because JMCSS (and other school districts) would rather hire a below .500 head coach than to hire a young assistant that is a proud alum at his school to take over. To me, the most overrated thing is when someone has "experience" or "years under their belt" at certain situations. Doesn't mean their "experience" is always good. I don't know what happened first (Taylor leaving or Reeder resigning) but South Side's biggest mistake was to let Taylor walk out of the hallway.

24 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Because no one will take this job. Who wants this job now in June? People that put themselves in sticky situations because they were handed keys to a car that can be good, but ended up wrecking car and trying to find a way out. There was no improvement from year 1 to year 2 in the Teddy era at Humboldt. Similar to his situation at Milan, right?

So Teddy is applying and interviewing for a job he doesn’t want? I’d understand if he was at a place that understands leverage. However, humboldt’s NOT that place 

5 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Because JMCSS (and other school districts) would rather hire a below .500 head coach than to hire a young assistant that is a proud alum at his school to take over. To me, the most overrated thing is when someone has "experience" or "years under their belt" at certain situations. Doesn't mean their "experience" is always good. I don't know what happened first (Taylor leaving or Reeder resigning) but South Side's biggest mistake was to let Taylor walk out of the hallway.

Idk who Taylor is. I know of reeder. I know why reeder left. I’m confused why you went from “don’t entertain a rumor” and “Humboldt is a better job” to dogging Teddy for no improvements from Year 1 to year 2 at Humboldt. Humboldt is the arm pit of west TN

You have to ask yourself , would you rather be an assistant at Jackson Southside , or at Humboldt ? Wouldn’t the same be said for a head coach ?  A coach is only as good as his assistants . Teddy is an average coach , if he got a OC he would be a good stabilizer. Southside is in a pickle here , no doubt . Don’t really know enough about Southside but aren’t they getting a new stadium ?  At least there’s hope for that. Humboldt will never get new facilities . 

• Upvote 1