Class 6A Region 1

bdawg122712

I would say DB has the best team, but they won't be able to get out of their own way against Science Hill, so my guess is the Toppers take #1.      In terms of the playoffs it won't matter much because nobody in R16A is getting past Maryville.    Yeah, I know Maryville is supposed to be in a down year but how many times have we heard that before....

DB will have an incredibly deep and talented group of running backs...speed close to Swafford and Foreman days. Let's see how the QB race goes... A Senior who has been waiting his turn or a super Soph. that for sure has a bright future. 

O & D Lines should be bigger. DB will be much improved over last season.

1 hour ago, bdawg122712 said:

I was wondering because there are some people in Kingsport that are saying otherwise because DB lost a lot. 

Agreed.... I am not buying into the DB hype this year.     Now, if in game #2 DB can stay within 7-10 points of Greeneville then we will have to revisit this.     And that is if DB gets by Farragut in game 1.    What a brutal way to start the season for the Indians....

On 6/16/2023 at 8:34 AM, LINEDAD said:

DB will have an incredibly deep and talented group of running backs...speed close to Swafford and Foreman days. Let's see how the QB race goes... A Senior who has been waiting his turn or a super Soph. that for sure has a bright future. 

O & D Lines should be bigger. DB will be much improved over last season.

Doesn't matter how good the running backs are or how big the lines are. The defensive back field will be terrible, and they'll give up 200+ yards to any team with a good QB and at least one good receiver. I don't even know what kind of athletes they have back there this year or who's coaching them, and I'll still guarantee you they'll be terrible. It's been that way for 25+ years straight. The "Good Ole' Boys" don't believe in playing pass defense. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:55 PM, Red Rebels said:

What does the Tri-Cities media call Region 1/6A these days? 

Pretty sure the serious answer is Big East conference.

PAC-6 was pretty funny though, even though Slick Willy B is nowhere close to a Pal's.

I stopped by the 825 and Ole Willy B on Saturday and took some photos.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1