The new Class 5A Region 5

Lincoln Co.'s win over Franklin Co. definitely helped Tullahoma. The Wildcats took care of their business. The offense was balanced, the defense forced turnovers and held the Lawrence Co. running game to 120 yards, and Grant Chadwick kicked two field goals (38, 48).

Mason Bratcher was 10-16 with two TD. Kai Johnson caught 7 passes for over 100 yards and a TD. Marvancy Johnson rushed 19 times for over 100 yards and 2 TD. 

It looks like the region winner will host Hillsboro while the No. 2 team will host Page or Nolensville.

I'll take Columbia to beat Franklin Co. this week in Winchester, strengthening Tullahoma's position to host regardless of the outcome against Shelbyville. The Golden Eagles should roll over Spring Hill.

7 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

Lincoln Co.'s win over Franklin Co. definitely helped Tullahoma. The Wildcats took care of their business. The offense was balanced, the defense forced turnovers and held the Lawrence Co. running game to 120 yards, and Grant Chadwick kicked two field goals (38, 48).

Mason Bratcher was 10-16 with two TD. Kai Johnson caught 7 passes for over 100 yards and a TD. Marvancy Johnson rushed 19 times for over 100 yards and 2 TD. 

It looks like the region winner will host Hillsboro while the No. 2 team will host Page or Nolensville.

I'll take Columbia to beat Franklin Co. this week in Winchester, strengthening Tullahoma's position to host regardless of the outcome against Shelbyville. The Golden Eagles should roll over Spring Hill.

It’s Khani Johnson 

It's been an interesting season in Region 5-5A so far, and will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season. Several games you can look back and say how did that happen.  Tullahoma losing to Franklin County, then Franklin County loses to Lincoln County.  Shelbyville  has to come from behind  to beat Columbia. Columbia struggles  to beat Spring Hill. Key game this week is Columbia at Franklin County both teams have two region losses.

4 minutes ago, eers said:

This region isn’t very good this year and from what I’ve seen (and heard) I expect there won’t be one of these teams that makes it to round 2 of the playoffs. 

We all know that, and that can be said for a lot of regions in  a lot of classes across this state. I would not count out Shelbyville  making to the second round, but that is probably the only team out of that region.