Who’s going to take it this year

North side, Haywood, Crockett county , obion county, dyer county, battle it this year for a region title kind of anxious to see how this goes I know Haywood has been the power house for awhile but I hear they are a lot younger now and with smith being gone now I just wonder how in line and disciplined Puckett can keep them, i figured north side soils struggle again, the other I don’t know much about this. Crockett wilL be returning a bunch of starters this year we will have a pretty good offense, hearing from the coaches they are going to look pretty good on defense also 

Edited by Cavaliers9814

48 minutes ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

North side, Haywood, Crockett county , obion county, dyer county, battle it this year for a region title kind of anxious to see how this goes I know Haywood has been the power house for awhile but I hear they are a lot younger now and with smith being gone now I just wonder how in line and disciplined Puckett can keep them, i figured north side soils struggle again, the other I don’t know much about this. Crockett wilL be returning a bunch of starters this and year we got will have a pretty good offense, hearing from the coaches they are going to look on defense also 

1.  Haywood

2. Crockett

3.  Dyer

4. Obion

5.  North Side

3 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

North side, Haywood, Crockett county , obion county, dyer county, battle it this year for a region title kind of anxious to see how this goes I know Haywood has been the power house for awhile but I hear they are a lot younger now and with smith being gone now I just wonder how in line and disciplined Puckett can keep them, i figured north side soils struggle again, the other I don’t know much about this. Crockett wilL be returning a bunch of starters this and year we got will have a pretty good offense, hearing from the coaches they are going to look on defense also 

Attacking Haywood's "disciplined" and the players have yet to put on the shoulder pads is not surprising to me. However, it's sad. It's not fair for Haywood because the majority of those players are black. They are very good, they have talent with size and speed, and they have an excellent coaching staff that will put those players in great positions to succeed. Enough with this "disciplined" BS talk. They will still be Crockett by 30+.

Your racism is showing, @Cavaliers9814. BE BETTER!

Edited by TryNotToSuck

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Attacking Haywood's "disciplined" and the players have yet to put on the shoulder pads is not surprising to me. However, it's sad. It's not fair for Haywood because the majority of those players are black. They are very good, they have talent with size and speed, and they have an excellent coaching staff that will put those players in great positions to succeed. Enough with this "disciplined" BS talk. They will still be Crockett by 30+.

Your racism is showing, @Cavaliers9814. BE BETTER!

You are whats wrong with this country!  Please show me were @Cavaliers9814 said anything about race?  Using the word Discipline after losing a coach like Smith and saying "I just wonder how in line and disciplined Puckett can keep them" has nothing to do about a player being black, white, yellow, purple, blue, red, etc.  I know a bunch of mostly white teams i could say the same thing about if they lost a good coach like Smith, does that make me racist towards a mostly white team?  Keep trying to Race Bait but you were the only person to bring up color not @Cavaliers9814

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

You are whats wrong with this country!  Please show me were @Cavaliers9814 said anything about race?  Using the word Discipline after losing a coach like Smith and saying "I just wonder how in line and disciplined Puckett can keep them" has nothing to do about a player being black, white, yellow, purple, blue, red, etc.  I know a bunch of mostly white teams i could say the same thing about if they lost a good coach like Smith, does that make me racist towards a mostly white team?  Keep trying to Race Bait but you were the only person to bring up color not @Cavaliers9814

Thank you @Swipes for pointing that out no where did I say anything racist we got white kids on our team that have hot heads and are good  but if you don’t have a good coach to keep them in line they can lose you a ball game real quick 

I'll go ahead and call I prediction here. I do believe all these playoff teams in Region 7, will sweep the four playoff teams in region 8. However, none of these Region 7 teams (other than Haywood) scare me in any way.

Crockett County has everything set up for them to get a 2 seed. They have both Dyer County and Obion Central at home. However, Crockett's competitiveness against Lexington and Huntingdon will give me a measuring stick on if they can close the gap on Haywood or not. If they somehow not show up in any of those games, then this region could very well be a mess. Crockett's offensive did improve in terms of scoring in the 2022 season, but they're going to have some capability to score 35 on a good football team. They can't rely on slowing the game down in possessions and winning a 17-14 game like they did to Milan last year. To me, that formula isn't sustainable for success.

One thing about Dyer County is they have the ability to put points on the board. One thing I would like for them to do is to be more of a downhill threat offensively and not just short and shallow passes. They, too, have a good schedule with road games at Dyersburg and Union City, and they also have a home game against a team I expect to make huge improvement this year in Chester County. It won't shock me if they do get the 2 seed because they have the ability to score. If they do play a team like Crockett County, they need to set the tone and pace in that game. 

Don't assume Obion Central is going to be the 4th seed because they don't have the history in football compared to the other schools. They did roll into Alamo and won the game last year and got awarded with the 4th seed in a good competitive region. The Rebels did win a playoff game last year as well. I figured they will be hurting a smidge because they lost their running back from last year. I will admit, I don't know anything else regarding to the Rebels other than Palmer seems to have momentum heading to this year. If the Rebels finish as the 2 seed this year (to me that's possible), then we can make an argument regarding Palmer being coach of the year in West Tennessee.

For Haywood, keep being dominant as they have been in the past. The only thing I believe Haywood needs to improve on, is to catch the ball. I thought they dropped more passes than usual, some of them were headscratchers. I do believe they need to improve on that.

I'm not going to do a prediction on who finishes 2-4, because I do believe it's a wide open region. I'm leaning with Crockett County getting the two seed because they have the two home games with Dyer County and Obion Central. However, if they let the game become a shootout, that's where I can see them struggle. If a team holds Crockett County under 21 points, good chance they can win that game.

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Like 1