Greeneville @ Dobyns-Bennett consecutive seasons

B-Ball Fan

This is off topic but should I buy a ticket ahead of time for the Alcoa vs Greeneville game and if so where can they be purchased online. I don't have a dog in the race bc I live in Cleveland, but I plan on making the drive north to watch the best game in state in my opinion. Any info will be appreciated. Kinda hard for me to decide who I am gonna root for.

2 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

This is off topic but should I buy a ticket ahead of time for the Alcoa vs Greeneville game and if so where can they be purchased online. I don't have a dog in the race bc I live in Cleveland, but I plan on making the drive north to watch the best game in state in my opinion. Any info will be appreciated. Kinda hard for me to decide who I am gonna root for.

You should be able to purchase them on Go Fan the week of the game.  They haven't been released yet except for the All Sports Passes for the season.  If you have never been to a game at Burley you will be in for a pleasant surprise.  Super nice facilities and that hometown feel to it where everyone in the town is there.  

https://gofan.co/app/school/TN8189

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

They also have one of the nicest fields,facilities, and Jumbotron around now. 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

You should be able to purchase them on Go Fan the week of the game.  They haven't been released yet except for the All Sports Passes for the season.  If you have never been to a game at Burley you will be in for a pleasant surprise.  Super nice facilities and that hometown feel to it where everyone in the town is there.  

https://gofan.co/app/school/TN8189

I honestly don't know If I ever been to Greeneville do you pass it om i75 or do you get off and to get to the town. I went to etsu and lived in Johnson city and hung around  the other two of the tri cities plus Betsy. I've been to Morristown a couple of times. So I kinda look forward to a new an adventure to a new place, would probably eat at a pals or a small buisness restaurant exclusive to Greeneville if I can. Thanks for the info Swipes. I've only met Greeneville folk during a tssaa championship was when I was a bit younger tho it was Maryville and Greeneville on one side Maplewood and white haven on the other. 

20 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I honestly don't know If I ever been to Greeneville do you pass it om i75 or do you get off and to get to the town. I went to etsu and lived in Johnson city and hung around  the other two of the tri cities plus Betsy. I've been to Morristown a couple of times. So I kinda look forward to a new an adventure to a new place, would probably eat at a pals or a small buisness restaurant exclusive to Greeneville if I can. Thanks for the info Swipes. I've only met Greeneville folk during a tssaa championship was when I was a bit younger tho it was Maryville and Greeneville on one side Maplewood and white haven on the other. 

You will pass the exit to get off on I-81 (It's Exit 23) and then take a right and you will be in Downtown Greeneville in 15 min depending on traffic where the high school is.  Pals is always a good choice but you will have to drive a little bit farther east from downtown to find the Sit down location in the Greeneville Commons or the drive through is on 11e going towards JC.  If you are looking for a great steak you will want to got to the Butcher Block, BBQ Top Choice is good, Or The Harvest for some country cooking (It's on the way into town from the Exit).  We also have chains like Aubrey's, Applebees, and Fatz Cafe.  If you get into town early enough there are a lot of great lunch spots they stay open until 2 like Tipton's and The Tannery.

Like Ffball9999 said the Stadium is top notch especially after adding the Jumbotron for this upcoming season. https://www2.gcschools.net/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=186012 (This is a video from 2018 just add the Jumbotron to the far endzone side)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

They also have one of the nicest fields,facilities, and Jumbotron around now. 

Not bad at all for being stuck between a rock and a cemetery lol. Definitely one of the nicer stadiums to visit. I took this at the homecoming game last year right before they added the screen. 

20220930_192040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Not bad at all for being stuck between a rock and a cemetery lol. Definitely one of the nicer stadiums to visit. I took this at the homecoming game last year right before they added the screen. 

20220930_192040.jpg

You going to be back in town for the Alcoa Game this year Kev-O?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 6:29 AM, blazer1set said:

Too early for thoughts on this game?     DB had a pretty good team last year, but so did Greeneville.     This year??    My suspicion is that Greeneville is up and DB is down.     Very difficult to predict anything pre-season, but I'm thinking Greeneville by 14, does that sound about right?

Last year DB barely lost but the year before they lost 35-7. DB's pass defense probably still sucks. I'll meet in the middle and say 28 points for Greeneville. Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Science Hill will all have too much speed for DB this year I reckon. Not sure how much DB will score. They could score a whopping 3 points or 20 points. Though they will likely not score enough to win because they're always too slow. Much like Daniel Boone and most of the teams in R1 except for Elizabethton, Greeneville, and Science Hill actually. I'm not sure why Science Hill can't piece things together they actually have the speed and athletes unlike most R1 teams. DB has athletes in other sports they just don't want to play football under the good ole boy system.