2023 TSSAA AAA Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

27 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

I need to hear what happened to Cleveland.  They didn't stick around long enough to watch them play?

I am not sure how the seeding worked. Both Brentwood and Cleveland finish 2-1 in pool play. Brentwood to gold, Cleveland to silver. Clevelands pool loss was to eventual champion Pope who pretty much leveled everyone. Brentwoods was to Walton eventual runner up. So don't understand why one to Gold and one to Silver. Unless onel was considered a higher seed to begin with. Don't know if Cleveland overlooked Father Ryan or what.in silver... It was a close match. 

4 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

I am not sure how the seeding worked. Both Brentwood and Cleveland finish 2-1 in pool play. Brentwood to gold, Cleveland to silver. Clevelands pool loss was to eventual champion Pope who pretty much leveled everyone. Brentwoods was to Walton eventual runner up. So don't understand why one to Gold and one to Silver. Unless onel was considered a higher seed to begin with. Don't know if Cleveland overlooked Father Ryan or what.in silver... It was a close match. 

Cleveland lost to Hardin Valley in the first game Saturday morning while Brentwood beat Science Hill at the same time.  When you have Power Pool brackets, these games are crossovers to determine Gold/Silver.  

Cleveland's next game was the lost to Father Ryan, Brentwood beat CPA then got thumped in the first set against Sacred Heart.

I'm a firm believer in your record shows who you are, but in the case of Maryville this weekend, that couldn't be more wrong.  They went 2-4 but they were "In" every single set they played.  Look at their 4 losses; Brentwood, Louisville Mercy, Walton, Nolensville with quality wins over Catholic and Hardin Valley.  That had to be the toughest schedule for any team this past weekend.

4 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Cleveland lost to Hardin Valley in the first game Saturday morning while Brentwood beat Science Hill at the same time.  When you have Power Pool brackets, these games are crossovers to determine Gold/Silver.  

Cleveland's next game was the lost to Father Ryan, Brentwood beat CPA then got thumped in the first set against Sacred Heart.

Ah, I didn't see the crossover round matchups

Page gets a big win over Nolensville last night. We'll see if they are for real as they have Siegel tonight and Brentwood tomorrow. Maybe the Knights were just hungover from the long weekend. Regardless, a tough loss in District as seeding is all-important for D11 tourney with as packed as that one is. 

4 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Page gets a big win over Nolensville last night. We'll see if they are for real as they have Siegel tonight and Brentwood tomorrow. Maybe the Knights were just hungover from the long weekend. Regardless, a tough loss in District as seeding is all-important for D11 tourney with as packed as that one is. 

Well said.  Seeding is absolutely everything in that tournament as Nolensville found out last year and Brentwood the year before. 

3 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Congrats to Page in beating Brentwood last night in 5 long sets.  What a week for the Patriots.

It's still way early, but whoever had Page and Independence leading District 11 with Nolensville in last at 0-2 on their dance card better be playing the lottery this week...

Edited by Rockstar89

What a difference a year makes in District 11 AAA.  Statewide, this is easily the wildest season in AAA that I have seen in almost 10 years of watching.  

Last week saw Page go 3-0 (Nolensville, siegel, and Brentwood) while Nolensville goes 0-3, 0-2 district (Page, Father Ryan, Summit) dropping their overall record to 7-5.  

Independence....who?  Independence! is unapproved website #1 team in the state with a 10-0 record. They will get a huge test this week in district, and state, by playing Summit, Brentwood, and Page.  

Brentwood have Nolensville, Independence, and Summit.  Brutal.

Too many good games to mention.  See for yourself if ya like : https://www.unapproved website.com/league/ivJbaaonJUafZcdykdF6gw/standings-aaa-district-11.htm 

Things could look a whole lot different this time next week in District 11 AAA.....and state.  Good luck ladies.  

4 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

What a difference a year makes in District 11 AAA.  Statewide, this is easily the wildest season in AAA that I have seen in almost 10 years of watching.  

Last week saw Page go 3-0 (Nolensville, siegel, and Brentwood) while Nolensville goes 0-3, 0-2 district (Page, Father Ryan, Summit) dropping their overall record to 7-5.  

Independence....who?  Independence! is unapproved website #1 team in the state with a 10-0 record. They will get a huge test this week in district, and state, by playing Summit, Brentwood, and Page.  

Brentwood have Nolensville, Independence, and Summit.  Brutal.

Too many good games to mention.  See for yourself if ya like : https://www.unapproved website.com/league/ivJbaaonJUafZcdykdF6gw/standings-aaa-district-11.htm 

Things could look a whole lot different this time next week in District 11 AAA.....and state.  Good luck ladies.  

We played Independence pre-season and I thought they were the 2nd best team we played at the time, Nolensville being first. Maybe it was the other way around! There is a LOT of volleyball to be played, but as we mentioned earlier in the thread...every loss means a lot in this district. I have a feeling the seeding is gonna be crazy