2023 TSSAA Single A Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

• 2 weeks later...

Harpeth played in the Brentwood Blast Off today. Not many L's on the scoreboard, but what an experience for these kids. They played Brentwood, Nolensville, Independence and Cookeville and really made all these teams work! Many people in the stands asking what school is this again??? Felt good as the little guys and can't help but think the experience of piling up sets against really good programs will be worth it all going into the regular season. We also scrimmaged Harpeth Hall earlier this week. It was another great experience!!!

Any word on the Summertown Smackdown? Saw the schedule and looked like some good matchups...

1 hour ago, Rockstar89 said:

Harpeth played in the Brentwood Blast Off today. Not many L's on the scoreboard, but what an experience for these kids. They played Brentwood, Nolensville, Independence and Cookeville and really made all these teams work! Many people in the stands asking what school is this again??? Felt good as the little guys and can't help but think the experience of piling up sets against really good programs will be worth it all going into the regular season. We also scrimmaged Harpeth Hall earlier this week. It was another great experience!!!

Any word on the Summertown Smackdown? Saw the schedule and looked like some good matchups...

We was there but my kid went down in the first game with a bad ankle spring.  Goes to Dr Monday for xrays. Hopefully she don't miss to many games 

10 minutes ago, tnfan09 said:

Camden looked really good at the union play day

I saw them a few weeks ago in a super early play day and they were having their troubles. Always competitive teams out there at Camden, though. Now that they have moved down, you def. can't count them out as a single A squad.

Well I have seen it all now. The Loretto vs. Perry County score is listed as 25-6, 25-0, 25-0. It's rare you see someone blank in one set....but two? I know they have to play because its in District, but that's pretty sad. A game like that helps neither team.

Edited by Rockstar89

Sale Creek finished 5-1 with a GOLD bracket finish in the Sunsphere tourney in Knoxville this weekend. Their only loss was to eventual champion Pope Georgia. (also the reigning 6A state champion in the Peach State). I would say Sale Creek has quickly proved that their firepower will let them play at any level this season. 

Loretto showed a lot of heart losing their first 3 games against tough opponents to go on a 3 win streak to win the EMERALD bracket.