2023 TSSAA Single A Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

Huge win for Harpeth tonight as they beat #1 in AA, undefeated Creek Wood in a reverse sweep 3-2. It wasn't the prettiest game on either side, but Harpeth holds on for the win at home. This will be a huge morale boost for the Lady Indians. Creek Wood has only lost 4 sets in 17 games this season, all 4 to Harpeth. I am sure they will rebound, they are an extremely talented fundamental team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good Single A action this past weekend.

Sale Creek jumps to 30-2 winning the Rocky Top tournament which included a head to head with Eagleville (who they handled easily). Summertown also makes the gold bracket, bowing out in the 1st round. Eagleville eventually falls in the final four of the Silver bracket. 

Harpeth finishes as the runner-ups in the McEwen tournament, losing to Creek Wood in the finals. 

Camden made it to the championship of the silver bracket at the Overton tournament, but didn't see an outcome. 

14 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Lots of good Single A action this past weekend.

Sale Creek jumps to 30-2 winning the Rocky Top tournament which included a head to head with Eagleville (who they handled easily). Summertown also makes the gold bracket, bowing out in the 1st round. Eagleville eventually falls in the final four of the Silver bracket. 

Harpeth finishes as the runner-ups in the McEwen tournament, losing to Creek Wood in the finals. 

Camden made it to the championship of the silver bracket at the Overton tournament, but didn't see an outcome. 

Sale Creek has to be the favorite in A right now. I suspect the usual suspects will be in the ‘boro come tournament time and strange things happen but I don’t see anyone beating them at this juncture.

3 hours ago, Ctread2019 said:

Sale Creek has to be the favorite in A right now. I suspect the usual suspects will be in the ‘boro come tournament time and strange things happen but I don’t see anyone beating them at this juncture.

I would say Sale Creek and Loretto are easily the two faves right now.

Eagleville, Harpeth, Summertown, East Robertson, CSAS, South Green all in the mix to make the state tourney, but the way the tournaments are laid out it will be impossible for all of them to make it there. 

22 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown makes good run in Wilco Border Battle - lost to Page And Bowlin Green  but beat Blackman - CPA - Rockvale - we coming on - play Loretto and Lawrence Co this week should be some good ones 

Loretto runner ups in gold at the Hartselle (AL) tourney.... Summertown runner ups in bronze bracket at Border Battle

Westmoreland wins at Smith County last night to lock up second place in the district. Not too bad for a historically terrible volleyball program (westmoreland is a basketball school when it comes to girls). No seniors. Only 4 upperclassmen who contribute in a big way on varsity. 3 starting freshmen, two of which can make their case for team MVP. Future is bright for volleyball in Motown. As Deion likes to put it, WE COMING! (Just not this year lol)

5 hours ago, DooDudley1 said:

Westmoreland wins at Smith County last night to lock up second place in the district. Not too bad for a historically terrible volleyball program (westmoreland is a basketball school when it comes to girls). No seniors. Only 4 upperclassmen who contribute in a big way on varsity. 3 starting freshmen, two of which can make their case for team MVP. Future is bright for volleyball in Motown. As Deion likes to put it, WE COMING! (Just not this year lol)

I know that District/Region changed a bit from last season with Watertown and Merroll Hyde moving out. East Rob is pretty good, assuming that is #1 in your District. Who is good on the other side of that Region 4 (District 7)? Gordonsville, maybe? And...who else? I don't know much about the teams east.. 

23 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I know that District/Region changed a bit from last season with Watertown and Merroll Hyde moving out. East Rob is pretty good, assuming that is #1 in your District. Who is good on the other side of that Region 4 (District 7)? Gordonsville, maybe? And...who else? I don't know much about the teams east.. 

East Rob is pretty sound. Good hitters, not going to beat themselves. Gordonsville was suppose to be in our region but moved to district 7 during the off-season, not sure why or how they pulled that off. I’m assuming they’re first and the team to beat coming out of that district.

25 minutes ago, DooDudley1 said:

East Rob is pretty sound. Good hitters, not going to beat themselves. Gordonsville was suppose to be in our region but moved to district 7 during the off-season, not sure why or how they pulled that off. I’m assuming they’re first and the team to beat coming out of that district.

Yeah there was all kinds of re-structuring in this past off season by the TSSAA that was *really* odd for volleyball.