Jellico Blue Devils

sharkey

27 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Oneida looked decent given the competition. Everyone I talked to said they looked better than the scrimmage at Tech but again you can’t base anything off the scrimmage tonight. 1st team D looked pretty good and didn’t give up a TD to either Jellico or CG. Offensively the offensive line is gonna be Oneidas downfall this year. They are not gonna line up and smash you for 4 qtrs. The passing game was ok not great a lot of rollouts and deep balls.  They have a few good young RBs that looked good tonight and will have to play a lot of snaps this year. 

Jellico was better than CG in my opinion and honestly they looked like a good football team. They had some good skill guys and a big offensive line but they were slow and depth across the board this year will hurt them. They had a kid or 2 that would start on a few different teams around the area. 

So Jellico was pretty competitive or just better than what you expected ? 

12 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

So Jellico was pretty competitive or just better than what you expected ? 

I would say both. I can see them winnin some ball games this year. They had the Biggest line out of all 3 teams and in my opinion the best skill player of all 3 teams in #9. 

Cumberland Gap was really bad. Looked like a middle school team. Worst high school team I’ve ever seen. If they win 1 game I will be shocked.

Jellico was big but slow and soft. Very slow developing plays on offense. No passing game at all.  Big line that was extremely slow and not aggressive at all. On defense very poorly coached. Had no idea in secondary what their responsibilities were. I could see them going 0-10 again this year. Definitely had more talent than CG but they have no coaching.

Oneida looked like a powerhouse compared to these teams. Couldn’t really establish a good running attack but had wide open guys all night passing. QB hit some and missed a couple but overall they moved the ball well passing. I think they scored 3 or 4 TDs total in the varsity portion. Defensively looked pretty good but hard to tell cause both offenses they faced were really bad. Not sure you can really take anything from this scrimmage, like Spike said yesterday. Both GC and Jellico are much worse than any team on Oneida’s schedule. 

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Cumberland Gap was really bad. Looked like a middle school team. Worst high school team I’ve ever seen. If they win 1 game I will be shocked.

Jellico was big but slow and soft. Very slow developing plays on offense. No passing game at all.  Big line that was extremely slow and not aggressive at all. On defense very poorly coached. Had no idea in secondary what their responsibilities were. I could see them going 0-10 again this year. Definitely had more talent than CG but they have no coaching.

Oneida looked like a powerhouse compared to these teams. Couldn’t really establish a good running attack but had wide open guys all night passing. QB hit some and missed a couple but overall they moved the ball well passing. I think they scored 3 or 4 TDs total in the varsity portion. Defensively looked pretty good but hard to tell cause both offenses they faced were really bad. Not sure you can really take anything from this scrimmage, like Spike said yesterday. Both GC and Jellico are much worse than any team on Oneida’s schedule. 

Agree on CG and Jellico BUT if Jellico can find  some physicality and a little secondary play they can win a ball game or 2 because they look like a football team. They are big up front and skill guys are athletic just no depth and no solid coaching. 

As far as Oneida who knows??? They got it handed to em at Tech than done the whipping last night but like I’ve said you can’t take crap from last night. So I guess have to wait till Rockwood to see what they are gonna do. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

In the past Jellico has been big and dumpy like can’t move. I’m assuming that’s what they look like now? I know that #8&#9 are supposed to be really good. Haven’t gotten to see them live yet 

On 8/1/2023 at 10:17 AM, TSSAAfootball said:

Would you rather they scrimmage teams like they did last Friday and get their brains beat in? 

I wasn’t there but if that’s what it takes to get better then yes. I understand maybe the first game maybe playing jellico/gap (if that was only option) but that 4 way scrimmage at tech would’ve been great last scrimmage cause they played a great smith co team and I’m sure a good clay co