The History of Players Transferring to "Better" Programs

OutlawAngel

31 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Calling Farragut High School clean is a little bit of a stretch, look no farther than the baseball team. They always get transfers from Texas, Florida, and other states. Their football team has benefited off transfers for a while, and they're starting to do the same in basketball. They’re definitely far from a clean program. But yes, they have gotten lucky with some people who just wanna come to Farragut but saying the coaches have had no under the table. Conversations with any of their transfers is kind of silly.

So you think Farragut Baseball has to recruit?  you're undermining your credibility here.  Alcoa Football doesn't have to recruit either.  

The prolonged success recruits without breaking the rules.

31 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

So you think Farragut Baseball has to recruit?  you're undermining your credibility here.  Alcoa Football doesn't have to recruit either.  

The prolonged success recruits without breaking the rules.

Well, there’s quite a massive gap between getting an out-of-state transfer from Florida or Texas etc, and getting an in-state transfer. If Alcoa just randomly started getting transfers from Texas, Florida, and other states around the US, there would be a lot of questions raised.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

Well, there’s quite a massive gap between getting an out-of-state transfer from Florida or Texas etc, and getting an in-state transfer. If Alcoa just randomly started getting transfers from Texas, Florida, and other states around the US, there would be a lot of questions raised.

How about one from IMG - in Florida?  

That count?  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Elias287 said:

Safdar McCrary?

Edited by FootballFan888

1 hour ago, Elias287 said:

He's from Tennessee, he went to Webb before going to IMG. He was going to go back to Webb, but his transfer papers didn't get approved.

I understand he stared at Webb.  

But he still transferred in from a school in Florida. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

I understand he stared at Webb.  

But he still transferred in from a school in Florida. 

But technically, he lives in Knoxville or around it. I guess I don’t know where he lives, so if anything, he just came back home. But yes, you could say that an out-of-state transfer I guess even though he was just coming back home and, from what I heard, his original intentions were not Alcoa, that’s how it went.

18 hours ago, Elias287 said:

where have you been?  They do get transfers from out of state.  You should make sure you know what you're talking about.

But for the sake of argument, how  do you think a high school would recruit players from out of state in any sport?

21 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

where have you been?  They do get transfers from out of state.  You should make sure you know what you're talking about.

But for the sake of argument, how  do you think a high school would recruit players from out of state in any sport?

Ok, lol, whatever, stop talking about Alcoa. I don’t even know how they got brought up, but the moral of the story is that you said Farragot is a clean program, which they are nowhere near.