Region 3 5A 2023

92Dragon

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Will most likely come down to Clinton or Oak Ridge on 9/22.      It would seem Clinton's schedule will be a bit tougher up until that point.     Oak Ridge has a long history of good teams so not sure how much that figures into the equation.

I also think it will most likely come down to the winner of the OR/Clinton game.

I would think Karns will be down after the graduation of Bishop. They always looked like a completely different team without Bishop. 

LC was playing good football the 2nd half of the season last year and then lost their head coach, so I would assume that will hurt them a little, but you never know.

Campbell County's passing game should look pretty good, but think they lost a very good running back to graduation. Lack of speed usually catches up with CC against the better teams on their schedule.

Oak Ridge also has a new coach and will be starting a new quarterback. The quarterback is talented, but inexperienced. OR has one of the best WR and RB in the region and usually has a very good defense. Their defense might be their weaknesses at the start of the season, but I've found out over the years, OR gets better as the season goes along so if you're going to beat them, beat them early.

Clinton probably returns the most overall talent in the region this year. I still feel like there is a uncertainty about their defense. They have looked pretty good in scrimmages, but still need to see what they look like in a game situation. They have a few transfers that should help out on defense and had a few younger guys step up their game, but nothing will tell how good they really are until a real game situation in my opinion.