Region 6-3A

howdoitnow

3 hours ago, Swarm said:

Swiss cheese defense is being too kind. More like the "no cheese please" defense. 

WHH is the only team in this region that will finish above .500 IMO. They'll be 9-1 (ER will beat them) or 8-2 (Forrest may as well). Otherwise, nobody else in this region will seriously compete for the region championship IMO. 

You are 100% correct. This region is terrible.

18 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Best wishes to everyone in the region tomorrow night.  The feature game of the evening and first region game of the season is Fairview at Stewart County.  The road to the postseason starts and stops with performance in region games.  Go Rebels!  

This would be a huge win for a Stewart program slowly headed in the right direction. Coaching staff is a great bunch of guys doing a good job with a limited talent pool. 

35 minutes ago, banannapeel said:

This would be a huge win for a Stewart program slowly headed in the right direction. Coaching staff is a great bunch of guys doing a good job with a limited talent pool. 

Doesnt matter how deep the pool is. It only takes 1.5 inches of water to drown a person. Rebels will drown the Yellow Jackets in the shallow end of the pool. 28-13

42 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

Jackets 38 Rebels 0

How did the rest of the region do?

I didn’t make it to the game, but Heritage Lost to Westmoreland 35-14. I knew this would be a tough game for the Patriots on the road. Heritage still lacks size and depth in the trenches. I imagine Westy had their way running the ball on my Patriots. 

I don’t know which players or if they’re starters, but I heard Heritage had 2 guys out tonight. Not sure it would have made any difference. 

On 8/15/2023 at 9:42 AM, howdoitnow said:

Head coaches kid is going to be the quarterback. Daddy Ball at its finest.

Have you seen the kid play? He is a Freshman and is very talented! He goes by “X”, but his name is Xavier. Yes, he’s the Coaches’ son, but he Won the open competition. He gives Heritage their best chance to Win. 

8 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Have you seen the kid play? He is a Freshman and is very talented! He goes by “X”, but his name is Xavier. Yes, he’s the Coaches’ son, but he Won the open competition. He gives Heritage their best chance to Win. 

Saw a little of the game last night. That kid would start at QB on any team in this region. Didn't realize he was a freshman. Very impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

Saw a little of the game last night. That kid would start at QB on any team in this region. Didn't realize he was a freshman. Very impressive. 

Did Westmoreland dominate the game in the trenches? Heritage doesn’t have much size or depth. They struggle against power football. I took a break last night, I needed it. Lol. Seriously, I PA Announce both the High School and Middle School for Heritage and it was a long week for work. I made a short trip over to Greenbrier to watch the Bobcats play Whites Creek. That game was hard to watch. 

6 hours ago, Swarm said:

Fairview has a very good sophomore QB of their own and they also have an 8th Grade QB who will be a great player in high school.

Cheatham County and Sycamore have senior QBs who have stared for years and are good players.  

• CoachT locked this topic