Cornersville vs The Webb School

hammerhound

The dawgs are back! The right coaches are leading them now (it’s a shame this decision was not made for last season) and the boys are all in. They have proven they can play with anyone this preseason. Still plenty of room for improvement, but I think they will all get settled in. I predict a 7-3 or 8-2 season!  Time will tell…

8 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Wow! The X's and O's are really going to improve the Jimmys and Joes that much???

2144128153_566753252e.jpg

Simple answer, yes. Last years Jimmy’s and Joe’s were greatly affected by the X’s and O’s. All the talent in the world cannot overcome bad play calling. Your playbook has to match up with the players you have. 

2nd behind Moore County may be a stretch, but not out of reach if we can stay healthy, which is the name of the game in small town football. 

2 hours ago, PercyPeabody said:

So early prediction for Cornersville's final regular season record is..?

I’d say 10-0 is very realistic, this team is for real. They have the numbers , size and all the right pieces. 

Also, Ben Franklin is going to be a problem for secondary players to tackle. 

Edited by BossDog

10 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Simple answer, yes. Last years Jimmy’s and Joe’s were greatly affected by the X’s and O’s. All the talent in the world cannot overcome bad play calling. Your playbook has to match up with the players you have. 

2nd behind Moore County may be a stretch, but not out of reach if we can stay healthy, which is the name of the game in small town football. 

who else in the region do you think y’all lose to besides mc? i didn’t think 2nd place was a stretch at all considering fayetteville moved up

One post says 2nd place could be a stretch. Another says an undefeated season is realistic. I LOVE the preseason! There is so much hope and excitement. That's why high school football is so special and will always be king in little towns across the state. I wish everyone a safe and healthy season because we'd all love to see these teams at their best against each other. I honestly think Cornersville will be a .500 team but will gladly admit I'm wrong if they run the table. 

• Like 2