Mo East vs Mo west

Gkab50

First, I want to congratulate Morristown West on their win. They really took East behind the woodshed and the score could had been at lot worse if West wanted to it run-up. This is by far the most athletic Morristown West I have seen in years. The only question with them is will they be able to continue control the lines of scrimmages against the better teams they have coming up on their schedule. If West can return to the Don Woods days, where they could whip teams up front, this could be a special year. 

As far as Morristown East goes, we are going to need to be patient with our new Head Coach. He came into a bad situation having to rebuild the whole offense including installing a whole new system. Under Coach Solver East couldn’t stop the run and against good teams couldn’t run the football. This is a direct result of a bad offseason weightlifting program. In 6A football, you must be able to stop the run to even have a chance of winning. Let’s see what kind of improvement he makes in year two when he has a full year to install a real offseason weightlifting program. On a side note, where are the athletes for East? They seemed extremely slow against West or was West that fast. Once the line play improves East is going to need to get some speed out of the hallways. In 6A football you need a homerun threat, it is just too hard to drive the length of the field against most teams. We may not win but one game this year, but I will support the team anyway every Friday night. 

On 8/19/2023 at 5:06 PM, EASTFAN said:

First, I want to congratulate Morristown West on their win. They really took East behind the woodshed and the score could had been at lot worse if West wanted to it run-up. This is by far the most athletic Morristown West I have seen in years. The only question with them is will they be able to continue control the lines of scrimmages against the better teams they have coming up on their schedule. If West can return to the Don Woods days, where they could whip teams up front, this could be a special year. 

As far as Morristown East goes, we are going to need to be patient with our new Head Coach. He came into a bad situation having to rebuild the whole offense including installing a whole new system. Under Coach Solver East couldn’t stop the run and against good teams couldn’t run the football. This is a direct result of a bad offseason weightlifting program. In 6A football, you must be able to stop the run to even have a chance of winning. Let’s see what kind of improvement he makes in year two when he has a full year to install a real offseason weightlifting program. On a side note, where are the athletes for East? They seemed extremely slow against West or was West that fast. Once the line play improves East is going to need to get some speed out of the hallways. In 6A football you need a homerun threat, it is just too hard to drive the length of the field against most teams. We may not win but one game this year, but I will support the team anyway every Friday night. 

I agree 6A football is a different beast. That being said he made some great calls at Chuckey-Doak but was also loaded with talent. As you said give him time and I think he will be a good coach for you guys hated to see him leave CD