Lincoln county travels to richland

City223

7 hours ago, Richland22 said:

Oh it was close 28-27.   The only thing Lincoln County did real good was lay on the field cramping to get official timeouts.   I thought the whole team had scholarships to Ole Miss the way they were acting.   Richland held their own for a 1A SCHOOL.  And I repeat a 1A SCHOOL!!!  Surely Lincoln County Walmart can donate liquid IV and mustard to all 5,646 cramps that happened tonight on the field  

A win is a win and you gotta tip your hat to that but to think that was a cool win cause the coach graduated from Richland????   Pretty sad for a 5A program. 

Another thought comes to mind— why is a 5A school on the road to a 1A school week 1???   Best of luck Lincoln County— you guys had more coaches than the titans and could only put up 28 on a 1A school.   I hate it for the Seniors.  If this game happens again you prob need to do senior night week one on the road next year

As a proud Raider fan , this is what confuses me. Why would we go at a 5A school who has been down for a decade (at least) because they played a 1A school that has been down for 2 decades.. 
 The game itself was great, both teams fought til the final whistle . Both teams missed big chances to make a play at times.. Both teams had big defensive stands inside the 20 ..

Just can’t understand what the amount of coaches or making it seem that nothing was accomplished by the win. It’s HS football .. Congratulate a team on a W and take your (our) L like a big boy and get back after it

• Like 1

With being a 5A school they have more resources than a 1A school hence the drone over the field on Friday.  As a 1A school you play bigger schools to help prepare your teams for playoff runs and I think this game was a great decision.  I can handle a Loss if we got beat by a better team but sadly we did not get beat by a better team which is a good thing.  Small school battles 5A school who should have had us beat at halftime.  

Richland is turning their program around.  I am not used to losing.  I guess you are used to losing for 2 decades.  Great commitment to the Raiders team.  

22 hours ago, Raider20 said:

Yeah but WE give it up on the two point conversion that the DB quit on! No excuses The DB seen the fumble and gave up on the play and the receiver slipped into open space and they TOOK the easy 2. 

I agree with you. One thing to note- Lincoln Co 5A school and had players playing both sides of the ball.   Richland played minimal players both ways.   Got to put playmakers in at all times. 

13 minutes ago, Richland22 said:

With being a 5A school they have more resources than a 1A school hence the drone over the field on Friday.  As a 1A school you play bigger schools to help prepare your teams for playoff runs and I think this game was a great decision.  I can handle a Loss if we got beat by a better team but sadly we did not get beat by a better team which is a good thing.  Small school battles 5A school who should have had us beat at halftime.  

Richland is turning their program around.  I am not used to losing.  I guess you are used to losing for 2 decades.  Great commitment to the Raiders team.  

His stance; take it like a man, congratulate your opponent, and get to work getting better.

Your stance; excuses, excuses, excuses.

You could learn something from him in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Richland22 said:

Not use to losing?????? This is a football thread not basketball. 

On 8/19/2023 at 12:16 AM, Richland22 said:

Oh it was close 28-27.   The only thing Lincoln County did real good was lay on the field cramping to get official timeouts.   I thought the whole team had scholarships to Ole Miss the way they were acting.   Richland held their own for a 1A SCHOOL.  And I repeat a 1A SCHOOL!!!  Surely Lincoln County Walmart can donate liquid IV and mustard to all 5,646 cramps that happened tonight on the field  

A win is a win and you gotta tip your hat to that but to think that was a cool win cause the coach graduated from Richland????   Pretty sad for a 5A program. 

Another thought comes to mind— why is a 5A school on the road to a 1A school week 1???   Best of luck Lincoln County— you guys had more coaches than the titans and could only put up 28 on a 1A school.   I hate it for the Seniors.  If this game happens again you prob need to do senior night week one on the road next year

it’s honestly sad this game was this close.  i’m sure richland has a good squat but lincoln county having to play 5a ball and barely escaping a 1a team is not looking good. i would understand if they played a state caliber team. i’m predicting richland to finish 3rd in this region