Blackman Blaze??

Blaze45

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Siegel's offense is looking pretty solid  granted its against Shelbyville and LaVergne but still solid showing and Rockvale has played solid ball the last two years. Good at qb spot and tailback ... defense is the only question but I still think right now they are playing better fundamental ball. I am telling you Tygard had no plan of leaving when this schedule was done. I am sure he thought he would attract a couple players. 

I agree, think Siegel shows alot. Renshaw has done a great job there, they'll need to stack as many wins as they can bc after Blackman their schedule gets nasty 

Not saying Tygard had an intention of leaving, but that's a tough schedule for a good team, never mind one that would have had to rebuild. Maybe he would have attracted some transfers. Assuming Otey is fine, Stewarts Creek is going to be a tough out with him and Jordan

11 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Siegel's offense is looking pretty solid  granted its against Shelbyville and LaVergne but still solid showing and Rockvale has played solid ball the last two years. Good at qb spot and tailback ... defense is the only question but I still think right now they are playing better fundamental ball. I am telling you Tygard had no plan of leaving when this schedule was done. I am sure he thought he would attract a couple players. 

Is Siegel really about it? Centennial also is another up and coming team. A lot of teams that have had years of being down and out all of the sudden are shaping up to be pretty solid teams.

10 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Is Siegel really about it? Centennial also is another up and coming team. A lot of teams that have had years of being down and out all of the sudden are shaping up to be pretty solid teams.

Centennial was a couple of breaks away from going 10-0 last season, hiring Stewart was a stroke of brilliance. Siegel's game against Hendersonville should give us a good idea if they're for real. Hopefully they are because they're schedule finishes with Oakland, Beech, Riverdale and Rockvale

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Centennial was a couple of breaks away from going 10-0 last season, hiring Stewart was a stroke of brilliance. Siegel's game against Hendersonville should give us a good idea if they're for real. Hopefully they are because they're schedule finishes with Oakland, Beech, Riverdale and Rockvale

What I’ve seen from MJ thus far has been far from great but then again I didn’t expect that type of success in 6a. Best wave of athletes we’ve seen, and the best QB to ever come through our program, unfortunately he doesn’t have many options to throw to. Our defense is formidable but not great. Not near the caliber that I saw when we held a great Oakland team to 14. That was our chance lol

12 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

What I’ve seen from MJ thus far has been far from great but then again I didn’t expect that type of success in 6a. Best wave of athletes we’ve seen, and the best QB to ever come through our program, unfortunately he doesn’t have many options to throw to. Our defense is formidable but not great. Not near the caliber that I saw when we held a great Oakland team to 14. That was our chance lol

You never know. 6A has never been deeper than this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a couple of big upsets in the playoffs. Travers gets hot at the right time,  no telling what could happen 

On 8/25/2023 at 10:40 AM, RocketDadx2 said:

............. Tygard's ego stole Brown's Mr Football award.  Daddy Risner had him by the "Mini Tygards"...so much so that he was forced to push Risner for Mr Football...splitting the vote and robbing Brown of a sure Mr Football title..........

I always felt like he wasn't feeding Brown the ball like he should have.  So worried about spreading it out to kids who just didn't have the spark.  Blackman will be fine.  We need to get back to forcing our kids to be tough and gritty anyway.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Summit is not a great team.

While Summit is not a "great" team a "W" is a "W" in the win column. That said they also played a solid Ravenwood team in a great back and forth game last week. I may not agree with his philosophy, but I am not the coach and the team is making strides. Doesn't mean I am sold and I can set and see what happens with the rest of community .