Coalfield @ Oneida

Spike016

23 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I spoke with someone tonight at dinner from Harriman who is on their "staff", I won't mention their name. We started talking about high school football and what he told me surprised me. But after watching last week's film, he said Coalfield looks as down as he's seen them in over 5 years. I trust this guy's opinion, but that shocked me. He said maybe it won't matter cause everyone in that region is down, except for Oz. 

I’ve heard that but then was told by someone with ties to the program Napier was saying possibly his best team yet. Granted it’s a small sample size but still. I am inclined to believe what you heard more than what I was told however. I told @orngnblk last year that OZ was looking much better and had some potential to be really good this year or next. I still think they’re a year away from “really good” if they get there at all but then again much like our region I’m not sure you have to be “really good” to win it this year. Worst combined 1A / 2A region 2 I’ve saw in, well, maybe ever. 

Edited by crow

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I’ve heard that but then was told by someone with ties to the program Napier was saying possibly his best team yet. Granted it’s a small sample size but still. I am inclined to believe what you heard more than what I was told however. I told @orngnblk last year that OZ was looking much better and had some potential to be really good this year or next. I still think they’re a year away from “really good” if they get there at all but then again much like our region I’m not sure you have to be “really good” to win it this year. Worst combined 1A / 2A region 2 I’ve saw in, well, maybe ever. 

Agreed although I am high on York in 2A, but I'm not sure anyone else is worth a crap. Will find out more on Bledsoe this week.  1A looks down but I've heard OZ was big strong and had some burners. And they will be battle tested playing SP and Kingston to start the year. I'm not ready to pick Oz but it may be more interesting than I thought 6 weeks ago. 

It will also be interesting to see how Pujo's boys do and the rest of Region 1. I'm wondering if they may be the better side, atleast when it comes to the Top 4. Still very early but it's fun to imagine the matchups. 

38 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I spoke with someone tonight at dinner from Harriman who is on their "staff", I won't mention their name. We started talking about high school football and what he told me surprised me. But after watching last week's film, he said Coalfield looks as down as he's seen them in over 5 years. I trust this guy's opinion, but that shocked me. He said maybe it won't matter cause everyone in that region is down, except for Oz. 

I’ll agree that CF may be down but in the last 5 years a bad year for them is the 3rd round. 

7 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Agreed although I am high on York in 2A, but I'm not sure anyone else is worth a crap. Will find out more on Bledsoe this week.  1A looks down but I've heard OZ was big strong and had some burners. And they will be battle tested playing SP and Kingston to start the year. I'm not ready to pick Oz but it may be more interesting than I thought 6 weeks ago. 

It will also be interesting to see how Pujo's boys do and the rest of Region 1. I'm wondering if they may be the better side, atleast when it comes to the Top 4. Still very early but it's fun to imagine the matchups. 

I tell you that @pujo and them boys up on the mountain will get better each week and be a tough out in the playoffs. I don’t know if our top 4 outside of York can handle that side. I think Bledsoe will get better as the year goes on but the verdict is still out on Oneida Tellico and Polk. I also think Eagleton may be a year or 2 away. 

28 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

York is the best of region 2 and could compete for the quad but they’re not a contender this year. They could potentially make the semifinals but quad 2 will likely be much better whoever they send. Reports from the upper NE says Hampton maybe took a step back this year also but I will say whatever potential they have they’ll achieve by November. I’m not writing them out of the semifinals by any stretch. Only a coupon good teams in our quad after all. 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I have seen the film on Coalfield and have to agree. They don’t look like the Yellow Jackets we are accustomed to. Then again they will always play their best against the Indians.

12 hours ago, crow said:

Coalfield is the "You Daddy" till someone knocks them off.Not sold on OZ just yet.Our region is terrible right now.GB could win 7 games and still be a bad team.If OZ is our region leader Lord have mercy,SP won't have a game till the finals and probably still won't in 1A all year!

• Like 1