Coalfield @ Oneida

Spike016

On 8/25/2023 at 7:53 PM, Coachd811 said:

If your offense could mustard something to give the d a break they are good enough to keep you all in the game

Giving up 33 to single A Coalfield what makes you think the defense can keep you in a game.  From what I could see watching it on YouTube Oneida had them outsized and still couldn't stop them. Granted I didn't watch the entire game.  

26 minutes ago, YAIDAD said:

Giving up 33 to single A Coalfield what makes you think the defense can keep you in a game.  From what I could see watching it on YouTube Oneida had them outsized and still couldn't stop them. Granted I didn't watch the entire game.  

He is not from Oneida. I think his point was the multiple 3 and outs along with 4 turnovers as well as multiple 3rd a long/4th and long situations and 1st and goals that turned into 4th and goals. Coalfield literally ran 3 times the offensive plays as we did do to the complete inability to move the ball. I’m not saying the point is right or wrong but I see where he’s coming from. 

Also single A coalfield would likely win 8 of 10 with YAI over the last 15 years. They’re doing something way different and better there than most are. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

He is not from Oneida. I think his point was the multiple 3 and outs along with 4 turnovers as well as multiple 3rd a long/4th and long situations and 1st and goals that turned into 4th and goals. Coalfield literally ran 3 times the offensive plays as we did do to the complete inability to move the ball. I’m not saying the point is right or wrong but I see where he’s coming from. 

I agree. The Oneida defense is not very good but they definitely aren’t going to hold up when you can’t make first downs. 

13 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I agree. The Oneida defense is not very good but they definitely aren’t going to hold up when you can’t make first downs. 

They actually surprised me the last two weeks up the middle. Not saying they’re a stone wall but a lot better than I expected. Now the edge is a whole different story. 

40 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Same story as last year. Can’t move the ball on offense, give up long sustained drives on defense and occasionally hit a big home run ball here and there. Lack of fundamentals and blown assignment all over the field. It’s gonna be a long season. 

Edited by crow

31 minutes ago, cornpone said:

U didn't miss a thang mooning man 57 that thar wind comed up out of nowhar and blowed my hat plum off'n my hed. Oneidees offensive line had truble a movin agin that strong wind! hopefully they'll get back on trak on Thursday agin that new skool eagleville, eaglesnest uh eagle sumtin.

Indians will figure something out and get rolling this is a young team and will only get better with experience only losing 3 Seniors basically

On 8/25/2023 at 8:53 PM, Coachd811 said:

If your offense could mustard something to give the d a break they are good enough to keep you all in the game

Mustard? What in the hot dog are you talking about? If you're going to insult the offense at least check your vocabulary.  I'm tired of everything being blamed on the offense and people raving on a defense that couldn't get a stop.  Offense barely played so I'm not sure how it's ALL their fault.  (Yes I know...turnovers...but still)

1 hour ago, bigorangerideordie said:

Mustard? What in the hot dog are you talking about? If you're going to insult the offense at least check your vocabulary.  I'm tired of everything being blamed on the offense and people raving on a defense that couldn't get a stop.  Offense barely played so I'm not sure how it's ALL their fault.  (Yes I know...turnovers...but still)

First off I have nothing to do with Oneida I’m from Coalfield & did not insult anyone or anything, & out of respect for crow & the other Oneida guys that have been on here for years I will not do it now. So have a nice day & enjoy your season :unsure:

3 hours ago, bigorangerideordie said:

The offense had 1 first down in the 1st half and that really shouldn't count cause they fumbled the ball at the end of the play. I'm not sure anybody is raving about the defense. If they are, then they are foolish. Rockwood is one of the worst offenses in the state. Against a down Monterey they had one 30 yard pass on a broken play and still ended up with 25 yards total offense. Last week Oneida couldn't stop the run or pass. Coalfield could have ran it 40 times and still won by the same margin. But offensively they were even worse. No sugar coating it, they were bad all around. And Coalfield is not that good. Oneida's remaining schedule only has 1 great team on it (York) and 2 decent teams (Bledsoe? and Polk?), and then everyone else is not good. 

1 hour ago, TSSAAfootball said:

The offense had 1 first down in the 1st half and that really shouldn't count cause they fumbled the ball at the end of the play. I'm not sure anybody is raving about the defense. If they are, then they are foolish. Rockwood is one of the worst offenses in the state. Against a down Monterey they had one 30 yard pass on a broken play and still ended up with 25 yards total offense. Last week Oneida couldn't stop the run or pass. Coalfield could have ran it 40 times and still won by the same margin. But offensively they were even worse. No sugar coating it, they were bad all around. And Coalfield is not that good. Oneida's remaining schedule only has 1 great team on it (York) and 2 decent teams (Bledsoe? and Polk?), and then everyone else is not good. 

With the exception of calling York a great team (they could be but it’s still yet to be determined) I agree totally. It was the offense’s “fault” as @bigorangerideordie so eloquently stated in his first and only post on an account that was still shiny and new put it based on 1 yard rushing, 4 turnovers, 89 total yards, and the inability to sustain any sort of drive. Even the players in the Monday night sports show admitted they had to get the line figured out to have a chance at any success moving forward. 16 consecutive quarters with a total of 4 touchdowns, all of which came in the first half of what has to be the worst Rockwood team I have ever personally witnessed. A 13 game points scored average of less than 16 PPG. I’m not saying they’re the best defense in the state but we have a couple of years sample size and the offense is broken and does not work.