MacMinn @Cleveland

fooseball95

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I don't disagree but you said everything below the knees. The rulebook is going to get to a point where nobody is going to want to play defense 

Let me correct myself. Not everything, but leading with the crown of your helmet 

Edited by fooseball95

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

In high school I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a targeting call. I’m just saying if we are trying to make sport more safe then it needs to be done in high school too. Not only to the head but the cheap shots to the knees could be potentially career ending as well.

The ref called targeting in the Rhea vs Red Bank game last night. In real time I don’t think it was targeting, but that’s the thing without instant replay it’s hard to make those calls. Especially when it’s a bang bang play when the safety/CB is coming across to breakup the route. 

As far as targeting the knee, yes that needs to be a rule. I mean we have fouls for chop blocks and clipping to help protect knees so it makes sense to have targeting for knees. 

• Like 1