Science Hill vs Rhea County tonight......

Surf4life

science hill has a great team with unbelievable depth. they will definitely have an impact on the state tourney this year. i honestly have to say that rhea co. is up and coming. i am a rhea co. fan, but i also am a basketball fan. i don't think science hill is 18 pts. better than rhea. they get a lot of 'home cooking' i guess you could say, with their reputation, i guess that will be the case. after we jumped on them early, a lot of calls started going against us. but, that's the way it is on the road. i would love to play them at our place or on a neutral court. it would be a great game, nevertheless, my hat is off to the hilltoppers. hope we meet again soon.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are sounding like "Briefcase Brien" Crowder. He never lost a game. The referees caused his team to score fewer points than the other team every time. It is always the official's fault.

Don't you think this is enough on a thread about a game that was played Saturday night?

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-10-02 9:22P]

Guest williamD

i agree 100 percent but church hill 72 why respond in that way, r u a ref, they did get home cookin' and after tonight i will say that d-b got cooked,thats what happens to people or teams that play at science hill, but you r from a 3rd world county volunteer have they ever won any games-tooo bad you live there you r an idiot

WilliamD,

You are a coward. You will not even reveal your hometown.

I do not know where you are from but I must assume you are from Rhea County. If you are then you can not accuse anybody of being from a third world county. Rhea County may be in the 5th world. Further, yes we do beat the big boys. Not on a regular basis but often enough. Volunteer beat D-B year before last and they have beaten Tennessee High. Last year they beat Science Hill in a scrimmage. Science Hill's coach is from Church Hill.

Your coach Crowder coached in Hawkins County and even worked in an administrative position with the school board. Last year Rhea County came to Volunteer's Christmas Tournament and did not win a game. Crowder blamed every loss on the referees. As a matter of fact Volunteer will be at Rhea County next week to play a couple of games. Then Rhea County will be coming to Volunteer's Christmas Tournament this year. It does not sound like others in Rhea County consider Hawkins County a third world county.

Last of all I said nothing to elicite the remark about being an idoit. Obviously you are an immature brat that has no class. I will match IQ's with you any time, boy. If you had any intelligence you would be able to back up your arguments without having to result to name calling. Boy, I have more degrees than you will ever hope to have. Don't call me an idiot.

The fact of the matter is that Crowder whines about the officiating every time he loses. Secondly. the thread was entitled "Science Hill vs. Rhea County tonight......" That implies that the person starting the thread was intending to discuss an upcoming game. That game was played Saturday night and is over. I just felt it was time to give it a rest. I think in the long run the D-B v. Science Hill games will be more important.

i'm sorry if you are offended by anything i wrote, just putting my thoughts up about the game and my fav. team, the golden eagles of rhea co. to be honest, if you are worried about the thread being over, why were you still reading it? as for coach crowder, i'm also sorry if you have a problem with him, but i say he is the best coach that we have ever had and he has made this program successful. so please, in the future if you don't mind, if you are tired of a thread, just ignore it and don't make any commments.

Coachro,

I have no problem with your comments. You have the right to make them and I have the right to my opinion and I expressed it. My problem is the with williamd. He attacked me, insulted my home county and called me names that were uncalled for. The reason I am back on here is that I saw that a new post had been made. I have been interested to see if he would respond.

I agree with you that Crowder is an execellant coach. The problem is that his whining about the officiating all the time detracts from the fine job he is doing. Last year at Volunteer, Rhea County lost a game. After the game all Crowder could talk about was one call that the referee admitted he missed. It was on an offensive goal tend and I hardly think that those two points cost you the game. That is the type of stuff I am talking about. Brein could not compliment his team on their hussle or the other team for playing a good game. It was a great game with Hancock County, I think.? That detracts from the wonderful job he has done at Rhea County.

I was not trying to be mean but I was digging you guys a little. Then twerp had to get all bent out of shape. When he did I went after him with guns a blazing and had facts to backup my position. I am sorry if I offended you.