Clouldland mom: Now what do we talk about!!!

Maynardette

This is all a little pointless, as the incident everyone is discussing occured during 1998....thats a pretty long time ago in football years. I admit, I was pretty skeptical at the time, but if they have been investigated and been proven clean, as east tn. sportswriter says, then it should be a non-issue. I think if anything good at all comes out of this, it is the fact rumors of recruiting can really smear a programs name. I hear about avery recruiting all the time when talking football in carter county (excluding roan mountain) and it is getting pretty old. Just as the subject of private schools recruiting is getting old too.

Maybe everybody should just play football and forget about the other crap. I know Hampton has a long row to hoe next year in their new conference ( G. Pittman, Cumberland gap, etc). Theres more to worry about than private schools. Hey Trout, are you brown, rainbow or native?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trout, first of all I am not a sir, I am a Sergeant, I work for a living. You don't know much about Carter County football or the military, do you?

Keep making-up songs and we will keep playing football. ;)

Lunceford coached girls basketball, why didn't you drop it from the schedule too? Seems to me happy valley can't take what they dished out for years.

I know some down years are coming! Lander Fans!! Maybe, then we won't have to get more than two oil changes for the season!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D:D:D

[Edited by armymechanic on 12-13-02 10:00P]

You make a pretty good case Perry Mason, but until I see addresses, hard proof, etc. I still won't believe it. Hey, what does my opinion matter anyway? You all are taking it pretty hard, it must have some substance. And you Mr. sportswriter, talking your trash about e-mailing you,as if I'm hiding behind my coach-t name. Anybody who has any sense at all knows you lead a double life as that blaze fellow (who by the way trashed happy valley in that sports paper). Tell you what, as soon as every one starts giving their real names, then I will give mine.

army mechanic: I hope that what the sportswriter says about ogg not having room on the schedule for cloudland is true, and we ge to play you guys the next few years. Happy valley football is on the way up with the G-train at the helm!

Groundround: whew, I'm getting tired, you guys are wearing me out. I'm pure native trout, and the hampton luckdogs had better get prepared too!

"I am that fly in the ointment"!

Who are the rangers? Did they have a team last year? They are about the same level as those other teams you guys play in your conference. H.V. would be 10-0 every year too if they got to play n.greene, unaka, jellico, cosby,and p. valley. the only people who gave you any competition was hampton, and we should have beat them. Oh, and don't throw up cherokee, everybody beat them last year. Who did you schedule next year; keenburg? Hunter? what about valley forge? You guys are spoiled up there in lander land, what happens when byrd graduates?

I think we play Hunter the first game and valley forge the next week. Then we have keenburg. Tried to get HAPPY VALLEY for homecomeing but they wouldn't schedule. After that we only have 1a games that we have to play, like Unaka.

Then the fans get a treat the only real county teams play Cloudland and Hampton.(Hope they never build a new school on 19E). Then trout will really cry. It would probably help Happy Valley out, then the Avery County boys would have too far to drive. But with all the cash we have in ROAN MOUNTAIN, to recruit with, I am sure we can buy their gas. Maybe, it would be cheaper just to buy a bus or a van (according to how many recruits we get)and drive them to school. I hear some of these boys will even play for food stamps.

:rolleyes::o:o

You are not very bright. First you say you would be undefeated if you were in our conference, wrong you would have to play Cloudland. Then you say you should have beat Hampton, the only way to determine the winner is to look at the scoreboard, you lost. Also we were much better than Hampton, killed them the first time and they were lucky to be close the second time. Out gained them a ton, lot of timely penalties. And last we played in your league two years and went undefeated, 20 and 0. South Greene was our only competition. I don't think you are a trout, you're a sucker. :rolleyes:

[Edited by pujo on 12-15-02 10:22P]

Man, pujo just when I was just getting ready to go off on trout, you had to go and disrespect Hampton. I admit, cloudland had a better team than Hampton last year, but not "much" better. Excellent coaching and ball control almost won the game for the dawgs, and those "timely" penalties that you are talking about? On that 4th down play in the 4th quarter where benfield got the 1st, there was a "timely" no-call on the opposite side of the field as Josh Nave got held, no, tackled. This is the first time I have ever mentioned this on this site, as I hate to make excuses. I believe after the game, I said that Cloudland had the better team and should have won, but its pretty disrespectful to have you make excuses for a win. Mark Byrd had nothing but praise for the dawgs, and no excuses for not slaughtering them. Winning is contagious, and I believe you get disappointed if you don't beat a team by 40 points.As for trout, you guys at the valley have consistently had great talent, and still can't beat Hampton. What makes you think you can beat cloudland?

You know what?? I wish Carter County, and the surrounding counties had more 1A teams. The problem is the population. The rural areas are what get rated as 1A and there is no way around that.

I need some education here, ok?

Is Happy Valley rated 1A?

Are they in Carter County? (Sorry for the ignorance, I have only lived here for a couple of years)

If they are 1A and they are in Carter County, why havent we played them?

:confused: