Clouldland mom: Now what do we talk about!!!

Maynardette

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past season of Cloudland football is full of fond memories for every citizen of Roan Mountain. The whole town is proud of these boys and their coaches. I no longer will bother with the feelings I have that they were cheated by the system in place. I am going to focus on what these kids are. They are the hopes of our future here in this community and I know they will do well.

I feel sorry for the privates in that they can never know what it is like to have a whole community behind them and caring for them. They have only their school, not a community.

I watched these kids practice as much as possible and have seen them grow into a fine bunch of citizens and we should be proud of them. They will always be champions in my mind.

[Edited by RBC on 12-7-02 7:48P]

Cloudland is losing some fine players, almost time for another good old avery county huntin' trip. I hear six is the limit this season, but they have to be over 6'. Wonder what kind of incentives ol' Luns will offer'em; free lunches at bobs dairyland? a free tank of gas at the roan mtn supermarket? but seriously, This year lets make it legal.....let the players and their families move into the old abandoned elementary school! there you go, everybody has a legal residence and its within walking distance of the practice field. I wonder why they didn't think of this before?

Penguin and trout, you give those two species a bad name. I do wish you would call up somebody who knows a little something about what you think you're talking about. We didn't have anybody playing for us this year from Avery county. I don't know who you get your info from, but he's making you look like an idiot. We have had some boys/girls in the past to move down, not for sports reasons, but family financial reasons. I know that we have also had a couple of boys to move down here just to play football, but they did move down here. In all the years that we have played we have had one boy transfer to Cloudland that was a starter on the Avery team, boy we're bringing them in. We have never practiced in Avery county, or started before we where supposed to. We do hope to get a good scrimmage with Avery next year, if they don't back out. So please, let's get some evidence, let's here some names, let's here some places where they have practiced and these so called out of season times that we have practiced, and let's here some more juicy gossip from this nut who is telling you this stuff, or are you just thinking of this all on your own? :)

loser, i'm not a sore loser. i didnt have a team lose to cloudland. i just like seeing you boy's on the mountain get all rilled up over things people say on these boards. but i will tell you one thing i am no low life i mean at least i can buy my own food unlike you folks on roan mountain that live off the working folks like me and everyone else in tennessee. just think there buddy i feed you and your friends when i pay my taxes and go to work so watch what you say or the goverment might make you actually get a job.