When will Anderson County win a football game this year.

CyclonePrider

17 hours ago, osunut2 said:

AC probably won't beat Bearden this week, but they should handle Fulton the following week. The Falcons are pretty thin, and they can't stop anyone. Honestly, at this point, AC is still better than the rest of that region even with Moog out. That entire region is pretty pedestrian this year.

Agree, won't see a win against Bearden but will win big against Fulton as the Falcons are competing for worst team in K-town.  What happened to all the hype around the superstar gunslinger qb transfer from Jeff Co?

10 minutes ago, GeneralRebel said:

Agree, won't see a win against Bearden but will win big against Fulton as the Falcons are competing for worst team in K-town.  What happened to all the hype around the superstar gunslinger qb transfer from Jeff Co?

I saw him against Powell, and granted the sample size is small, he was... inconsistent. He made a few nice throws, but he sailed the ball at times, and had a couple of INTs. Overall, I just wasn't very impressed. He was pretty rough around the edges. And with Moog likely out for the rest of the season, things aren't going to get any easier for the kid.

I'm still surprised that AC chose to take a one-year flyer on a guy who is new to the program when they could be breaking in a younger QB who will likely be back again next season, but maybe there is a big drop-off between QB1 and QB2.

4 hours ago, JMorton said:

I believe a mutual respect exists between Betsy and Greeneville. I don’t believe either have that respect for AC. 

I respect both of those teams. I have a healthy dislike for both of them too. But, all joking aside, there are good kids on all of those teams and they can’t help what a few others say or do. As our late friend Mike Moulder would say, these are teenagers playing a game. 99% are good kids. Don’t let the few bad apples ruin your view of the bunch. That goes for coaches too.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I saw him against Powell, and granted the sample size is small, he was... inconsistent. He made a few nice throws, but he sailed the ball at times, and had a couple of INTs. Overall, I just wasn't very impressed. He was pretty rough around the edges. And with Moog likely out for the rest of the season, things aren't going to get any easier for the kid.

I'm still surprised that AC chose to take a one-year flyer on a guy who is new to the program when they could be breaking in a younger QB who will likely be back again next season, but maybe there is a big drop-off between QB1 and QB2.

QB2 Cody Miller play freshman year to cover Walker injury.  Right now he is more valuable with playing defense.  However,  he can play any position needed.