BA has some issues …..

QuickStrike

44 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

im wondering if calling the weaker side wasn't all that true and they have something to prove.  ensworth's match up with LA this week will be telling.

thinkin the church o christ school is in for a continued spiral from overhiped position amoungst the nation very top gridiron programs....the mustang faithful did have an awesome hopt air ballon ride for a while no doubt...

....but thebroisawesome do have MBA, BA, and Catholic North left on the schedule...so 4 wins are doable

Booger just sayin :thumb:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

thinkin the church o christ school is in for a continued spiral from overhiped position amoungst the nation very top gridiron programs....the mustang faithful did have an awesome hopt air ballon ride for a while no doubt...

....but thebroisawesome do have MBA, BA, and Catholic North left on the schedule...so 4 wins are doable

Booger just sayin :thumb:

they weren't over hyped last year and you were awful quiet then.  no doubt this is a rough year for LA and i'm still here trying to be honest about where we are and contribute to the conversation on the mostly dead D2 board but you only showing up when things aren't going great means i'll keep taking you with a big ole grain of salt.  if I can even understand what you are trying to say in the first place.  

just sayin.

• Upvote 1

(Initially I posted this in the Week 4 thread, but actually intended it for here.)

There were some positives for BA. KR #9 has exceptional change-of-direction skill. Under no circumstances should any high school team ever kick to him. DB #0 is a skilled playmaker who is all over the field. QB #12 has the talent to tear you apart when he has the blocking, but I knew that part already.

As for the defense, it was almost jarring to see the Irish run the ball so effectively against BA. The RB stretch play actually worked.

BA's announcers did a good job of explaining some of the problems, issues like poor defensive angles and arm-tackling. I'm far enough removed now to where I'm not familiar with these teams like I was in the late 2010s, but what they said matched what I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDS1usJK2I

5 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

im wondering if calling the weaker side wasn't all that true and they have something to prove.  ensworth's match up with LA this week will be telling.

More losses this year than the previous two combined....there might be a running clock sighting.  By far the easiest opponent for the Mustangs thus far.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, theawesomebro said:

they weren't over hyped last year and you were awful quiet then.  no doubt this is a rough year for LA and i'm still here trying to be honest about where we are and contribute to the conversation on the mostly dead D2 board but you only showing up when things aren't going great means i'll keep taking you with a big ole grain of salt.  if I can even understand what you are trying to say in the first place.  

just sayin.

incorrecto  thebroisawesome.....Booger dont just show up when its not goin thebroisawesome way....Booger been threadin long way before thebroisawesome even node what coacht were....and threadin on mustanger threads to boot .....and guessin maybe even for LA's largest mustanger got a drivin permit.....D2 board no doubt ant tno thrivin place

.....Booger bettin a fare bit the south nashville church o christ school will probably be just fine when they go back to D2AA....

.....one things for sure......thebroisawesome could understand Booger before this day when Booger hadnt got that ole Kettle Whistle of thebroisawesomes blowin

got to quit livin in the past...it is becomin very parent this ant no last year

Booger just sayin:mrgreen: 

52 minutes ago, Booger said:

incorrecto  thebroisawesome.....Booger dont just show up when its not goin thebroisawesome way....Booger been threadin long way before thebroisawesome even node what coacht were....and threadin on mustanger threads to boot .....and guessin maybe even for LA's largest mustanger got a drivin permit.....D2 board no doubt ant tno thrivin place

.....Booger bettin a fare bit the south nashville church o christ school will probably be just fine when they go back to D2AA....

.....one things for sure......thebroisawesome could understand Booger before this day when Booger hadnt got that ole Kettle Whistle of thebroisawesomes blowin

got to quit livin in the past...it is becomin very parent this ant no last year

Booger just sayin:mrgreen: 

you're still missing the point.  other coach t posters might say something like, "sorry about your QB up and leaving." or "man your team really showed some fight." or how about "man that was a good game!" or even asking questions like "what are you seeing over there?" or "how are the players doing?"  but not you.  

FWIW, the games with saraland and baylor were actually great HSFB games.   wanna convince me how much you know?  stop bragging about how long you have been posting on a message board and let's start talking football.

lipscomb will be fine no matter what.  football is a game.  we will have good years and bad years.  hopefully more good than bad but it really doesn't matter and I try not to assume either.  i don't think i have been crowing about how good we are in case you haven't noticed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theawesomebro said:

you're still missing the point.  other coach t posters might say something like, "sorry about your QB up and leaving." or "man your team really showed some fight." or how about "man that was a good game!" or even asking questions like "what are you seeing over there?" or "how are the players doing?"  but not you.  

FWIW, the games with saraland and baylor were actually great HSFB games.   wanna convince me how much you know?  stop bragging about how long you have been posting on a message board and let's start talking football.

lipscomb will be fine no matter what.  football is a game.  we will have good years and bad years.  hopefully more good than bad but it really doesn't matter and I try not to assume either.  i don't think i have been crowing about how good we are in case you haven't noticed. 

nope...dont think so tater....no chance LA pomppoms bein shakin by Booger....

...what LA with the help of that UAB caoch in that Pre loadin NIL gig was amazin and had an unbelievible little run...and actually fun to watch them own D2AA....but this is big boy Blueblood FB now...

BA appears to have issues amongst them...Booger bettin a potted meat sammich BA wins more games in the next 5 years than LA

Booger just sayin :roll:

Edited by Booger

On 8/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, QuickStrike said:

Not a good start for Coach Gill.   5 star QB, transfer portal additions from Webb, Kentucky, and Oakland.  

I don't see how BA with all the influx of talent is not winning. Offensively they should be able to score a lot of points every week . Is it coaching or over hyping transfer talent on roster? Is scheme way different kids not picking up assignments?

On 9/11/2023 at 9:16 AM, BobbyB said:

I don't see how BA with all the influx of talent is not winning. Offensively they should be able to score a lot of points every week . Is it coaching or over hyping transfer talent on roster? Is scheme way different kids not picking up assignments?

Coach is in over his head.   Instead of hiring someone that is familiar with the landscape, HM had to prove he is smarter than everybody else.  Lots of BA legacies are upset and I dont think this experiment is going to last long if things do not get turned around.  

Lots of rumors that BOT is not happy and  headmaster might be out the door soon.  Quite frankly, he needs to “retire” at Christmas. 

Embarrassing.  Worst start in 50 years.  

1 hour ago, QuickStrike said:

Coach is in over his head.   Instead of hiring someone that is familiar with the landscape, HM had to prove he is smarter than everybody else.  Lots of BA legacies are upset and I dont think this experiment is going to last long if things do not get turned around.  

Lots of rumors that BOT is not happy and  headmaster might be out the door soon.  Quite frankly, he needs to “retire” at Christmas. 

Embarrassing.  Worst start in 50 years.  

I have heard the exact same thing about the headmaster.  Several BA alumni feel as if the football coach and his staff also need to leave after this season.