Cleveland @ Walker Valley

fooseball95

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

Extra points aren't automatic either in high school football. It's just frustrating to have all these soccer players in school and not one of them go out for football. Lol

Yeah crazy you guys can’t find even 1 kid that can kick them. A good kicker is definitely a luxury at this level.

47 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Do you guys not have a guy that can kick extra points? We haven't been kicking extra points either. Going for the 2 point conversion everytime. That is definitely going to come back and hurt us in a close game.

Our kicker is excellent this is just Tygards style. Leaves me a scratching my head at times. But he’s an analytical coach

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Our kicker is excellent this is just Tygards style. Leaves me a scratching my head at times. But he’s an analytical coach

And he's probably right. It may work the majority of the time, but the one time it didn't and we lost a game because of it, I'd hate myself. Lol

4 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Walker Valley hasn’t scored a touchdown against Cleveland in 2 years. A bad Cleveland offense scored 34 against them last year. Unless WV comes out and holds the ball for 34 minutes like McMinn did I have a hard time seeing Cleveland score less than 21 against them. 

Agree, Tygard is good and scores as much as he wants on WV. Could see this one getting Ugly Tygard makes a statement. Cleveland-55 WV-7

21 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

And he's probably right. It may work the majority of the time, but the one time it didn't and we lost a game because of it, I'd hate myself. Lol

Tygard looks at the probabilities and as the year goes the analytics will tell him more and more what works and what might not. But for argument sake, just say they make 50% of the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that be the equivalent of making every PAT kick? If you swing that to 40%, you are looking at the same number as a kicker knocking in 80% of their kicks...You about have to get to the point of making less than 38%  of your 2 pt conversions before it shifts to kicking (76%) as a better odds if that makes sense.

Edited by Blaze45
spelling

23 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Tygard looks at the probabilities and as the year goes the analytics will tell him more and more what works and what might not. But for argument sake, just say they make 50% of the 2 pt conversion, wouldn't that be the equivalent of making every PAT kick? If you swing that to 40%, you are looking at the same number as a kicker knocking in 80% of their kicks...You about have to get to the point of making less than 38%  of your 2 pt conversions before it shifts to kicking (76%) as a better odds if that makes sense.

analytically makes sense over the course of the season, but don't convert in a close matchup and that could be the difference on any given night. But I believe in going all in on the philosophy or not, going back and forth is what wouldn't make sense. 

10 hours ago, Random1234 said:

analytically makes sense over the course of the season, but don't convert in a close matchup and that could be the difference on any given night. But I believe in going all in on the philosophy or not, going back and forth is what wouldn't make sense. 

That is when things really turn the corner.... once you are all in... the level of play becomes more intense. More times than not you accomplish what you believe you can and nearly 100 percent of the time fail if you think you will. 

• Like 1