Deuce Knight leaves Lipscomb Academy football after three games

SportsTNFan

18 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Seems like you shouldn’t. If someone is paying you thousands to attend you should teach the curriculum and if they don’t agree, you still have their thousands and taught your curriculum.

Uh no. If they dont agree they can leave. Why would you want to be in a school so much if you disagree with the religious affiliation it was founded upon anyway? 

7 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

not sure who you mean being butthurt.  LA folks mostly are fine, I think.  tav was our guy to begin with and is doing a great job plus he's a local kid.  I think the team is better with him gone honestly.  not happy about the drama though.  outside of LA, folks are always looking to knock others down, me included.  i am not sad that bama isn't doing great.  : )  mostly sour grapes but notice since LA isn't doing so great, the noise has died down.  

Not directed at any one person in particular, just noting the fact that this thread is 5 pages long with multiple comments about the legality of his eligibility...didn't hear any of that before he left. Since you felt implicated enough to reply to an open ended question, maybe I threw it against everyone's  wall and it stuck in your kitchen...if not, then read nothing into it for I assure you that I had no individual in mind when I posted.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Not directed at any one person in particular, just noting the fact that this thread is 5 pages long with multiple comments about the legality of his eligibility...didn't hear any of that before he left. Since you felt implicated enough to reply to an open ended question, maybe I threw it against everyone's  wall and it stuck in your kitchen...if not, then read nothing into it for I assure you that I had no individual in mind when I posted.

all good!!  no hurt feelings here.

2 hours ago, Booger said:

be intrestin to see how this matchup this week between the CoC and Catholics plays out.....both defendin Gold Ball winners that lost a buncha studs last season to the 2023 college draft......chattin with a Booger Buddy from outside St louis area....the big all boys catholic education institution still pretty good and high ranked....though apparently takin a pretty dent throttlin by somebody this season......

not sure how this contest got lined up..but pretty cool nevertheless

...have to favor the Stangs over the Cadets cause of homefield and talent edge....maybe 2 or 1 trips to the endzone

thats a Booger Picken :mrgreen:

LA has been using a service to find these OOS matchups I think.  I know christian bros is a perennial top 100 or thereabouts so I dont think anyone is overlooking them.  maybe like our record, there is a better team hiding underneath.  should be a fun matchup!

20 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Uh no. If they dont agree they can leave. Why would you want to be in a school so much if you disagree with the religious affiliation it was founded upon anyway? 

Baffling to me how there's even a debate? LA is a church funded private school, who's mission statement describes Lipscomb Academy as a religious based "community"...makes no sense to enroll there if you don't subscribe to their beliefs, or are at least open to their curriculum. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 731Ball said:

Maybe for better learning opportunities that aren’t solely beliefs? Just a thought bozo.

Ahhh there's the name calling because you realize how stupid you sound so you're getting defensive. Typical. I know it's a complex thought for you to compute but if a kid wants a better opportunity without religious affiliations take your butt to a charter school. You are not entitled to a Christian education without the Christian education. Sowwy 

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Baffling to me how there's even a debate? LA is a church funded private school, who's mission statement describes Lipscomb Academy as a religious based "community"...makes no sense to enroll there if you don't subscribe to their beliefs, or are at least open to their curriculum. 

Entitlement. Plain and simple 

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Ahhh there's the name calling because you realize how stupid you sound so you're getting defensive. Typical. I know it's a complex thought for you to compute but if a kid wants a better opportunity without religious affiliations take your butt to a charter school. You are not entitled to a Christian education without the Christian education. Sowwy 

You’re entitled to whatever your dollars pay for. No one is getting booted from any private school for not believing in that religion if they abide by the rules and pay $. I know it’s hard for an Atwood brain to comprehend 

Edited by 731Ball

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You said it for yourself. “Open to their curriculum.”

Many in West TN will send their kid to JCS if they’re not church of Christ. Why? Because it’s a good K-12 school and it’s NOT Jackson/Humboldt. Same to be said about Davidson County.

Edited by 731Ball

1 hour ago, 731Ball said:

You’re entitled to whatever your dollars pay for. No one is getting booted from any private school for not believing in that religion if they abide by the rules and pay $. I know it’s hard for an Atwood brain to comprehend 

Booger tell you one thing.....better read a verse at the Sliverdale Homecomin or that jersey will get yanked

Booger just sayin :twisted:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 731Ball said:

You said it for yourself. “Open to their curriculum.”

Many in West TN will send their kid to JCS if they’re not church of Christ. Why? Because it’s a good K-12 school and it’s NOT Jackson/Humboldt. Same to be said about Davidson County.

And the parent/guardian should understand that COC principals and beliefs will be taught along with 'readin, riting', and rythmatic. I also believe that if you apply for a position with a religious based school, you should subscribe to whatever religion is directly responsible for the existence of the school. Not solely on the applicant, but more so on the Headmaster and Board of Directors to assure that the faculty's beliefs align with the schools affiliation and Mission Statement.