Deuce Knight leaves Lipscomb Academy football after three games

SportsTNFan

1 minute ago, theawesomebro said:

you guys are grasping at straws.

saying they are living in dorms may be grasping but I am not sure what else is.  Not sure what I am missing.

1.  LA Qbs struggled in scrimmages.  

2.  OC had a prior relationship with Knight

3.  2 weeks before season Dad gets a job in Nashville of all places and lands at LA somehow.  Just a coincidence on the timing and prior relationship with staff.  maybe he just googled Nashville jobs and found LA.?  Would certainly seem there was communication with LA prior to him submitting for enrollment

4.  His cousin also happens to end up in Nashville with him

5.  After 3 games both decide to go "home' bc they miss there families.  There words

So where were there families.  Who were the living with?  Did the entire frailly unit for each player relocate per TSSAA rules?  I don't think those are crazy questions to ask.  Its not an LA issue.  Its a governing body that's a joke issue.  

21 minutes ago, Fnltexas said:

saying they are living in dorms may be grasping but I am not sure what else is.  Not sure what I am missing.

1.  LA Qbs struggled in scrimmages.  

2.  OC had a prior relationship with Knight

3.  2 weeks before season Dad gets a job in Nashville of all places and lands at LA somehow.  Just a coincidence on the timing and prior relationship with staff.  maybe he just googled Nashville jobs and found LA.?  Would certainly seem there was communication with LA prior to him submitting for enrollment

4.  His cousin also happens to end up in Nashville with him

5.  After 3 games both decide to go "home' bc they miss there families.  There words

So where were there families.  Who were the living with?  Did the entire frailly unit for each player relocate per TSSAA rules?  I don't think those are crazy questions to ask.  Its not an LA issue.  Its a governing body that's a joke issue.  

can you provide a link to the rule about the family unit?  I have never heard that.

TSSAA BYLAWS CHANGES APPROVED FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR

Section 11.

General Provisions.

Residence. A student changing schools for any reason, to be eligible, must live at home with his/her parent(s) or guardian(s), unless: (a) the student is moving to a boarding school and has no athletic record the previous twelve months in any sport; (b) the student is moving as a direct result of the dissolution of the student's home due to death; (c) the student is moving as a direct result of the divorce of the student's parents; or (d) the student is moving as a direct result of the separation of the student's parents, provided a complaint or petition for absolute divorce has been filed with a court having jurisdiction to grant the divorce

Section 12.

Eligible Transfer Students.

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old residence is outside the territory of the new school,

g. The first time the student changes residence from one parent to the other as a result of a court ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons; or

h. The first time the student changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as a result of a court-ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons;

Guardian – An adult with whom the student has lived for twelve (12) or more consecutive months. For purposes of TSSAA Bylaws, official appointment by a court is not required to establish guardianship; however, no person may be considered a guardian for purposes of these Bylaws unless the student has lived with that person for twelve (12) or more consecutive months, regardless of whether that person has been appointed as a guardian by a court.

Parent – The birth mother and biological father of a student; the person(s) to whom a proper jurisdiction grants adoption of the student; or a step-parent with whom the student regularly resides.

2 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

interesting.  I still think everyone is grasping at straws.  for all you know his mom and dad were up here looking for jobs and couldn't find what they wanted and went home with him.  moving from mississippi to nashville had to be a shock from a cost of living standpoint.

Must have been a shock for his cousin also. Two whole family units actually.

I know I blindly relocate without knowing anything about the housing market and quickly move back to my previous residence all the time. 

Who exactly is grasping at straws here?

• Upvote 3